navinavi

March 24, 2014

Easter packages

I know it's a bit early for an Easter post, (well, not early at all judging by all the Easter merchandise already available in stores!) but given that I'm usually sending my holiday packages a few days too late :/, I decided to prepare these ones ahead of time for a change. Uff, too long of a sentence! Let me catch my breath, hehe.


I don't know why, but these past 3 years I've felt the urge to send Easter packages. I did not treat my workmates to Valentine's sweets or Christmas little trinkets, but I did prepare some cute (if I may say so) carrot shaped containers filled with bunny shaped crackers last year and will treat them to something different this time as well. It must be all the pastels, bunnies and cuteness in general lying around that puts me in the mood for giving. Of all holidays, this is the one that I probably shouldn't be celebrating at work, since it's religious, but whatever. I know, I know Christmas is a religious holiday, too, but come on ...

So, in past occasions I sent these plastic eggs to my nieces, but I wanted to go bigger this time around.




Instead of mailing plastic eggs, I thought it would be a nice idea to mail a whole box. I saved a couple of egg boxes and bought small plastic eggs at the dollar store.


I filled them with sweets, chicks, tiny erasers, plastic grass and shredded construction paper. Easy, peasy!




I'm going to seal the edges with heavy duty tape and send them without an envelope or wrapping.


I'm also making bigger eggs that fit more sweets to mail and probably to give away at work when the day comes.



I hope these packages get to their recipients sound and safe! I've been so lucky so far with all of my parcels :).

Here's some Easter bliss from Target and Walmart, especially for my non-American readers to see. I want to buy everything!









Have a happy week, everybody!

Hugs! ;D

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Those hello kitty pez dispensers are so cute! You always make the cutest crafts, I wish I was your coworker haha :P

Chrissy said...

You are always so thoughtful! Very cute Easter surprises! Hugs xxx

Beate said...

I love this idea! So awesome! And sending out a whole egg box for Easter is just perfect. Thank you so much for sharing this! :) Now you got me all excited for Easter ;)

seelvana said...

http://lavozdelmuro.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/gatos-sitios-estrechos-9.jpg

RoVille said...

sos tan linda Miki! me encanta lo increiblemente creativa que sos! :)

ya ni me acordaba que existe la pascua jaaaa! :P

Katrin said...

Aww, all the bunnies and chickens! So cute. :) Miki, you always share the best stuff. You are so creative and I love it so much! Hugs!

Juana said...

QUERIDA MIKI! HERMOSA TU IDEA.. A MI NUNCA SE ME HUBIESE OCURRIDO PERO ES UNA EXCELENTE IDEA PARA PLAMIFICAR LA SEMANA SANTA PARA MIS HERMANITOS PEQUEÑOS!!!! GRACIAS POR TUS IDEAS TAN CREATIVAS !

Marisa Noelle said...

You are the packaging goddess and queen of the crafters I swear Miki! I would have never thought you could send out a carton like that with no packaging over it! But seriously, such a cute cute idea. I'm so excited to really spend some time putting together cute eggs for the boys this year for Easter.

Have one fab week sweet gal!
xo Marisa

vero mariani said...

nah nah nah naaaaaaaaaah! amé!!!
hola miki :)
muaaaaaaaaaaaa

uncustomary said...

Love the idea of sending an entire carton. You're so cute!

lisa said...

Oh man, I love this idea! I never have thought of Easter gifts but I may steal this idea to send to my adorable nephews :)