navinavi

January 24, 2014

Buenos Aires eateries

One of the things I couldn't stop doing while in Buenos Aires was eating. Every time I met an old friend, we schedule gatherings at restaurants, bars or cafes, so naturally, I would eat and drink. I ate old things I missed, I ate new dishes that sounded interesting (such as spinach and brain ravioli, yum!), I ate for fun, I ate like a pig. Do I regret it? Nah, not really. I might be 8 pounds heavier, but I'm working on losing them already. 

These are some of the places that stood out to me the most.

Malvon. This is one of the cutests cafes I visited during this trip. My opinion might be highly affected by the fact that this is where I met 3 awesome bloggers for the first time - VeroSeel and Ceci. I had such a wonderful time! Having them in front of me, listening to their voices and seeing how awesomely cool they actually are in person was a priceless experience. I am so happy to have had the chance to see these girls :D.


Coming back to Malvon, I must admit that what I ordered was not really my cup of tea, but that was my mistake; I hate sweet sauces on salty dishes and my chicken and mushroom sandwich just happened to be loaded with some sort of sweet sauce :/. I need to go back and order something different.


I loved the atmosphere and all the little details everywhere.

 


Seel's Norwegian popover was huge :p.



La Esperanza. I was lucky enough to meet Vero for a second time :p. She suggested meeting at this neat cafe which I knew was not going to disappoint even when I had never heard of it; I mean, come on, she visits restaurants (among other awesome things) for a living! :p



I could totally use some Campari + orange juice right now!


I want chocotorta, too! Too bad I'm on a diet, ha.


La Biblioteque. This Parisian-like cafe located within the Sofitel hotel is the best place to have tea. It might not be cheap, but it's worth every penny. It's really quiet, there's AC (super important if you're in Buenos Aires in summer!) and you can stay for hours without employees telling you that you should leave, haha. The pictures I took suck, because this was my first time seeing my best friend this trip, so my focus wasn't really on taking photos :p. My focus was never on taking photos, actually, but on having fun and soaking it all in :).








Awe! I sure wish I could back to any of these places today!

 Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! ;D

10 comments:

Niken said...

all of this looks so yummy!

Gingham Ginger said...

It all looks so good. I love seeing how other places put their shops together. So lovely.

seelvana said...

oiiii estaba esperando esta entrada! no sabía que no habías comido algo totalmente de tu agrado!

hay que organizar la vuelta!

Besu =)

Ana said...

Un lugar mejor que el otro. Y cuando vas con amigos, mejor todavía!
beso!

Laura said...

Miki, it looks like you had a fabulous trip! That Parisian cafe looks wonderful!

vero mariani said...

jajaja lindaaaaa! me encantó este post, y tus fotos! ooooh amé tus fotos :) fue hermoso conocerte y el lujo es mío: dos veces miki es mejor que navidad!!!! gracias por la magiaaaa!

pd: la semana pasada fuimos con romi goransky a la zona arroyo y entramos al hotel y no nos vibró sentarnos a tomar ni un café, pero lo veo a través de tus ojos (y tus platos!) y me arrepientooo jajajajaja!

besos geniaaaaaaaaaaaa

Marisa Noelle said...

I'm official hungry Miki! I'm also a bit jealous of the warm weather Buenos Aires looks to have right now. This winter thing on the east coast is getting so old already. It really sounds like you had such a gorgeous trip! These eateries look scrumptious and so charming! Wishing you one loverly week sweet gal!

xo Marisa

Katrin said...

Miki, you went to some awesome places! :) I really want to visit Buenos Aires at some point! That tea place looks fantastic. I can understand that you did not concentrate on taking pictures!Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures, I am so happy you had a great time! And don't worry about the 8 pounds! Hugs!

Trisha said...

hello Miki! I awarded you the Sunflower award! Do check it out The [here]!

I love your blog! Buenos Aries looks delicious!

x Trisha

Lula said...

spinach and brain? ravioli? Man I've lived there for 23 years and it's like we lived in two different countries.