I am happy, excited and a bit anxious. I haven't seen my dad and the rest of the family and my friends for over 2 years and a half. Time did fly by! But it also feels as if I had just left my home country. I remember all those butterflies in my stomach right after I'd said my goodbies and was about to board my first plane. I had no idea what future held for me, I only knew that I was making a huge decision that would change my life for good. Following my heart sometimes feels selfish, but I don't regret it, not a little bit. Sure, I wish distances between my better half and my other loved ones weren't so big, that I could be more present in my dad and sister's lives, that I could go to my favorite stores and coffee shops in Buenos Aires in the blink of an eye, but no, I don't regret my decision. I am happy with the new journey I embarked on, I feel more loved than ever before, I'm learning a lot in so many different ways, I'm being faced with completely different challenges and I love it all - I love what I love and I try to embrace those things I don't like that much and learn from them as much as possible. Life is good; there are so many things to be thankful for!
Next week, on Tuesday to be more precise, I'll be boarding a plane to Buenos Aires (via Texas). Seeing my people makes my heart jump with joy :). Not only will I be spending time with them, but also with fellow bloggers that have become friends thanks to this little blog of mine :). I can't wait to meet them!
As I was saying a couple of paragraphs above, along with the excitement there's also some stress. I'm using this post as a means to let go of some of those not-so-happy feelings. There are so many things in my mind and honestly, probably 50% of them do not deserve any mind space at all. I've decided that in order to travel light (not literally, my suitcases actually weight a lot, haha), I need to prioritize, to do only the things that really matter in my to-do list.
... And as I go through my list, let me have a couple of rum shots, ha. Aren't these mason jar shot glasses the cutest?
* Place all the necessary paperwork in my carry on bag. Since I'm not an American citizen just yet, I need to carry extra documents; they will guarantee my entrance back into the US.
* Schedule a doctor's appointment asap. I need a prescription filled; if I fail to visit the doctor before Tuesday, I'm screwed.
* Remind my boss' boss that I'll be away from work for a month and schedule a dreaded meeting if necessary. He's nice and all, but I hate having work-related meetings; am I the only one?
* Do not feel I'm a jerk because I'm not telling certain people I'll be visiting. This is the reason why I deactivated my facebook account months ago, I wanted to avoid acquaintances asking for favors (bringing them stuff and such). It's silly, but this was easier to me than having to explain why I couldn't please them in the event they had the nerve to ask for such favors. I'm weak and I like to please, but I don't really feel like having to run extra errands right now.
Not so important:
* Buy extra gifts. I already have 2 suitcases packed with an insane amount of objects that are not for myself. I was planning to buy very few presents and somehow, I ended up with too many things and still, I don't feel I have enough. I know my loved ones just want to see me and don't care if I've bought them gifts, but I want to show them that I love them and I don't know, a gift seems like a nice gesture.
* Worry about Dimitri. I know David will take great care of him and he'll be fine, but because of a previous experience where he missed me for a week and stopped eating, I can't help to worry.
* Sweat over how much time I'll be available to people. I know a lot of people will want to see me more than once, but a month has only so many days. I'll do my best to see everybody and will try not to worry if I just can't make them all happy.
Well, I guess I didn't have that many things to stress over! :) Thank you for reading! I feel relieved already!
And another huge thank you to the always kind Vero Mariani for the massive shout-out last week ;D. She published an article about me and my blog and it can be read here. I got new followers to due that, so thank you, new friends as well! I promise I'll check your blogs soon ;).
May you all have a wonderful week!