navinavi

November 23, 2013

Magic Restroom Cafe

Well, hello there! Can you believe Thanksgiving is this very week? My, oh, my! Well, I've been pretty sick for a while now (so, what else is new?), but today I plucked up the courage and we left the house to finally go to Magic Restroom Cafe. Yep, all the way from Taiwan to Southern California. They opened a couple of months ago and of course, I couldn't not got since this place is right up my alley, haha.





Menus rest in urinals, haha.


It's got terrible reviews on Yelp, so I was expecting to get disappointed, but we actually have no complaints. We didn't have to wait to be seated, portions were generous, prices, reasonable and we totally enjoyed our food. The menu is very limited, but I'm sure people go for the gimmick and not for the actual food; that's what we went there for anyway.


We got chicken skewers and curry chicken with rice.




I'd say if you want mind-blowing Asian food, go somewhere else, but if you feel like being amused and having a good time taking fun pictures, definitely go to Magic Restroom Cafe.






And guess what? The actual restroom was kinda cute, too.



Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go unstuff my nose :/.

May you have a wonderful week! ;D



      

15 comments:

Katrin said...

Hey Miki, this definitely looks like a fun place! Thanks for sharing! I hope you will feel better soon! Hugs!

Chrissy said...

Ha, this is awesome. Never heard of it before but it looks like a lot of fun!
Hope you feel better soon, sweetie! xxx

uncustomary said...

Haha, that's awesome. I'm so glad you got to go!

lissa said...

yeah, I would go there to take photos but I don't think I can eat out of those plates.

hoep you feel better very soon.

his_girl_friday said...

What a crazy restaurant!

Marisa Noelle said...

I couldn't believe this place when I saw it on your IG!!! I don't know if I would have been totally grossed out from eating food from a commode bowl or completely amazed...haha. Looks like a fun time nonetheless :-)

Ro Ville said...

jaaaaaa me muero!
lo importante es que todo sea limpito jajajaja :P

beso

chantilly said...

haha, i had no idea they had one of these places in CA!! i don't think i'd be able to eat that curry... :P

xx!

seelvana said...

adoré severamente la vajilla, posta!

espero que te mejores, Mikiya!

Gingham Ginger said...

Never herd of such a thing before. This is hilarious

Marina Carstens said...

Cute! But I have to admit the curry in the toilet bowl made me gag a little when I first saw it. :D

vero mariani said...

JAJAJAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJ NO PUEDO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!! con lo que hago pis yo, ese lugar es ideal! jajajaja! gracias por la magiaaaaaaaaaaa

Ivana J. said...

alalaaa que lugarcitooo! jajaja
Mikiiiiii! acabo de leer en alma que sos argentinaaa! debo haber sido la Ășnica que no sabia! jajaja

besos

Jorgelina said...

Jajajaajajajaj!!que lugar mas original!!!
Increible .
No sabia que eras argentina.
Sigo pasando.
Jor

lisa said...

This is so hilarious!! I don't know if I could eat out of the toilet bowls but it looks like a fun experience :) I hope you're feeling better and enjoyed your Thanksgiving!