navinavi

August 12, 2013

I want candy

Yes, there is a place in the world where they sell gummy bear rings and a bunch of other whimsical candy! :p That place is called Sweet and is right in the heart of Hollywood, by the Chinese Theater.


Sweet had been in my "to go" list for a while and last Saturday we had the perfect excuse to drop by after a friend's birthday in a nearby restaurant. It's not just a regular candy store, it's divided into 14 different boutiques: Wonka, Cholocate Lab, Tinseltown, Tasting Machines, Lollywood and the list continues.


As you can imagine I took a gazillion pictures, but since they're too many, I'll just share the most amusing ones. I apologize for their poor quality, they were taken late at night so the light was scarce :/.







The Jelly Belly section was my second favorite.

 

This is Eminem made with Jelly Bellies (not M&Ms, haha). They change the imagine periodically.

 

My most favorite room was one called Yucky. They have toilets and urinals that are actually candy dispensers! How wacky is that?!



I couldn't help myself ...



I now realize we should have totally bought some chocolate from the chocolate lab (can you see their eyes?)  and tennis gumballs.



This weekend I'm checking off another place in my "to go" list; can't wait! :p

Hope you're all doing great! ;D

Hugs!
 

 

13 comments:

Meggs said...

I have mixed feelings about the urinal dispensers... ;)

M.

seelvana said...

qué bueno es ser grande con corazón de niño y tener billetera y poder ponerse uno mismo los límites! quiero ir con vos a jugar ahí! llevo algunos pesos, je =)

james said...

Miki..... I have so much to catch you up on!!!! I have a package that I have been holding for a long time now and I really want to send it to you ♥♥♥ I miss you & hope that everything is going perfectly fine with you ♡♡♡ email me: james@jamiebgoode.com

I miss you girl!!!

Katrin said...

That place looks awesome! I loved seeing your pictures on Instagram! Candy stores are so great. There is a really good one in Belgium and I always went there as often as I could. Every time I went on vacation to Belgium or the Netherlands I had to make a trip to that store. :)
Can't wait to read about the other place! Hugs!

Marisa Noelle said...

Talk about dying and going to candy heaven! This place looks beyond amazing Miki...I would probably be out of control if I went there...but nonetheless, amazing. Those gummy bear rings are just so darn cute too! Hope your week is a fantastic one darling!

xo Marisa

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

That looks amazing! I love the look of those feather lollipops:)

Good that you mentioned it, because it did arrive recently, but with all the chaos around the renovation and my upcoming trip I totally forgot to write you a thank you email. So anyway, thank you very much! It was such a lovely collection:)

I don't know how that island in Greece will be for souvenirs, but if I find something I think you'll like, I'll be sure to pick something up for you;)

August flew by didn't it? I see your blog was on hold for most of it too haha. It's hard to blog during the summer, isn't it?!

Marina Carstens said...

That place looks like so much fun! And so does your blog. I <3 the color.

perky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
104943015073704982311 said...

Nice pictures! May I know what kind of camera you use? Thanks ;)

chantilly said...

Haha, this is awesome! "Yucky" looks interesting... I feel like I've seen pictures of really similar looking stores in Asia. Actually, there's a specific restaurant I'm thinking of- I think it's called Modern Toilet.

(Also, I may be coming to LA this fall! Still not sure, but if so, I'd love to see you! x)

Lilla said...

Wooow! That sure is a lot of candy on oone place! Nice pics! ;)
xxx,
Lilla
http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

Just popping in to say hello sweet friend! Those rings are seriously way too much fun! And tasty I'm sure. :)

Hugs to you dear!

:) Courtney

ankyl said...

your blog is soo cool :)!

Follow! and greetings from Poland!

Ankyls