navinavi

March 09, 2013

Pioneertown

Are you ready for a little journey to the Wild West? Then jump onto my horse and let's ride! Hehe :p. Last weekend, on our way back from Palm Springs, we visited Pioneertown, a very small town located in the desert, between the mountains. It was originally built in the 1940s as a movie set and as a place for the movie stars to stay while filming. Today, there are no famous actors, but only a bunch of families who live there and decorate their surroundings very peculiarly. 


 

We arrived right on time to see a band perform a few songs :).


  


 



There are a couple of stores, a restaurant and even a hotel, but the whole place is only probably 3 blocks long. 

 


 

The way the locals decorate the place totally reminded me of Salvation Mountain. Look at these neat typewriters!



 







Neighborhood watch, haha!



It's an interesting spot to stop by if you happen to be in the area, but I would definitely not want to live there. 


Have a great one, everybody! And stay tuned, there's a giveaway coming soon ;).

Hugs!

10 comments:

uncustomary said...

That typewriter set up!!! Oh my god. I want to see that in person. Also, I obviously love the googly eyed rocks!

Rachel said...

What a weird and interesting place! I would love to wander around there someday. I can't believe people actually live there though!

Chrissy said...

Weird but interesting, but I wouldn't want to live there either. People really live there?
Hugs xxx

Katrin said...

Oh wow, I love that place! So much stuff to look at! I am fascinated! Well, I would not want to live their either. I thought it is just a tourist spot, I was surprised to read that people actually live there!
Have a lovely day, sweet Miki! Hugs!

Marisa Noelle said...

How very strange...and kind of creepy, but very cool at the same time. When you said Pioneertown - it immediately made me think of Disney's Frontierland. It actually looks like something that could be out of Disney. Gosh, I wonder which actors filmed and stayed there. Very intriguing. You always seem to find the most interesting places to visit. I think I need to a hop a train...or horse, out to the West Coast ;-)

Have a marvelous week Miki!
xo Marisa

Maria said...

you visit the coolest places, miki! ahh, i would love to visit pioneertown one day! i loved all of your photos - beautiful! and love the rocks with the google eyes. :)
glad you had a fun time. xoxox
maria

chantilly said...

this is so cool! i'm a little fascinated by the concept of the "wild west." i'd love to live in/ near this place! xx

lisa said...

Wow- I can't believe people live there! What a fun place to visit, I'm going to have to remember that on our next trip to Cali. It totally reminds me of Salvation Mountain too :) Hope you're having a good week!

vero mariani said...

jajajaj es tan yankeee este lugar! me encanta viajar con vos :p

besos mikiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Miss Plaid Girl said...

wow it looks like such an interesting place but i agree i wouldnt want to live there