navinavi

January 26, 2013

Outfit post: A new old dress

2 outfit posts in a row? I don't know how that happened, but I'm happy I'm finding the time to take crappy outfit pics (I wish they weren't crappy, though, ha). The truth is I'm actually enjoying fitting in my old clothes again and feel more comfortable being in front of the camera. On Friday I reached my goal of losing 30 pounds, woohoo to that! I'm still debating whether I should share my weight loss story or not, but for now let me just say that I feel happy with where I am at. I celebrated the event by trying on this black dress which had never fit right and to my surprise it did fit this time! I should also say that I celebrated by eating a big doughnut, hehe. Not that I'm depriving myself of too many things anyway, but it was a victory doughnut and it tasted darn great.

So, about this dress (or whatever it is), this was my very first purchase on Etsy years ago and my very first purchase using a credit card (best/worst thing ever!). I placed the ordered very excitedly, waited for it to come in the mail and when it finally did, I tried it on only to discover I didn't like the way I looked in it :/. I guess I was expecting to look like the girl in the ad on Etsy, who was I trying to fool?! But I still brought to the States, so I guess I was never completely over it. 


I decided to give it another try and even though it's not flattering and its top part is a couple of inches too long for me, I think I'm ready to wear it on a somehow regular basis. Normal clothes are not designed for someone who's as tall as an elf, I get it.

 

I decided to take Kirsten's advice (thanks, Kirsten!) not to think what colors match and took the items I felt like grabbing: a red belt, some superhero kinda shoes and my favorite purse to date.

I really need to buy more plain T-shirts. I have no solid tees at all, what the heck?


This Mod Jumper Dress can be found on this etsy store.





This is probably my most cherished purse; you can't see its details but it's covered in Astro Boy holographic pictures, it's like a giant ruler from the 80's, remember those? ;p I bought it in Harajuku during my second visit to Japan. That was a sad trip, let me tell you. Long story short - my dad had had a stroke (he'd been working in that country for about a year), so I traveled there by myself to bring him back to Argentina. I arrived one month before he was released from a rehab center to learn his therapy and get as much info as I could to continue treatment in Buenos Aires. I can barely understand Japanese but everybody trusted my memorizing  the exercises and grasping as much as I could. That purse and another one for my sister are the only fun purchases I made.


I've never completely liked these boots because of the strange superhero looking wings on the sides; I thought they were modern when I saw them at the store but later realized they just look weird. They were incredibly cheap, though, and I usually wear them with long pants.


FYI: when I write Arg. between parenthesis it just means that brand is from Argentina. If you ever have the chance to travel there, go, go, go! I can't stress it enough, it's a beautiful, beautiful country ;D!



 

Hugs!

    

14 comments:

Chrissy said...

Wow, 30 lbs! Congratulations! That is amazing and you look amazing! I would love to hear more about your weight loss, as I am trying to get back on track and just can't seem to do it at the moment! I could really use some inspiration!
Hugs xxx

seelvana said...

ay Miki sos divina, me encanta verte tan alegre haciendo estos posts llenos de fotos, me hiciste googlear a ver cuántos kilos son 30 lbs y me dice que son 13!!!! te re mil felicito!, si te cortaras 10 cm de cabello perderías un kilito más jajaja, estás re deusa, pero lo mejor de lo mejor es que estás fresca y alegre :D

Laura said...

Congratulations! You look fantastic! :)

Kirsten Renz said...

you have such cool pieces of clothing! my wardrobe is so simple and boring. those shoes are insane!

ps: super congrats on losing 30 pounds! i need to be inspired by you and work on my own weight.

Marisa Noelle said...

Gee-zoo - how perfect is that dress! I'd say, that's a pretty stellar first Etsy purchase to make and definitely a piece worth hanging onto for many many years to come. That's always awesome about losing 30 pounds - congrats Miki! Being able to fit into old clothes is just one of those things that could make my whole year...haha. Really smitten by your boots as well :-)

Have the happiest Monday! xo Marisa

Roville said...

diosa Miki! me encanto la pollera y la camisa, las botas como que me cuesta...:D sorry! :P

que satisfaccion cuando la ropa vieja se vuelve util y sobre todo te queda casi grande no? :D
yo deberia cuidarme un poco porque en dos meses aumente un par de kilos...! moverme mas...eso necesito! ;D

Lamento lo de tu papá, imagino que no debe haber sido un viaje para nada divertido! :/

Sabes que Japon esta entre mis sueños por realizar? con el tano tenemos mucha influencia desde, musica a dibujos animados y peliculas japonesas!!!
espero algun dia poder viajar a conocer ese pais! :)

besos y buena semana Miki!

daisymay aka Chantele said...

You've lost 30lbs!! Wow Miki thats amazing! You look awesome! THat dress is so cute on you too.

Daisy Dayz
In Pursuit of an Online Income

Katrin said...

I would love to go shopping with you, Miki! I know it would be so much fun! Love your taste. And congratulations on losing 30 pounds! That is awesome! I want to lose 5 kilos just because I want to fit in my pants again. I just don't know how. I love eating. And I am lazy. Haha.
So sorry to hear about the Japan story! :(
Love & hugs!

Maria said...

you do NOT take crappy photos!! are you kidding - i love them!! they're artistic too! :)
congratulations on losing thirty pounds, miki! that's awesome! you look incredible. the shoes are so neat as is your dress. and i LOVE your hair!!
hope the week has been good to you. <3<3<3
maria

Alice, Pretty Confused said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal! That dress looks absolutely amazing on you, I love the white detail and the red belt looks fantastic with it xo

lisa said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal, Miki! That is so great! You look as cute as can be and I'm glad you hung onto this dress. To me it looks like it's a perfect fit. I have stuff like that that never seems to fit right but I can't seem to part with it :) I love that you've been doing outfit posts- you have such unique pieces and I think your photos are always really fun! What a crazy story about your trip- your family is really lucky to have someone as brave as you!!

Nena Nadine said...

I think those boots a super cute on. But kind of strange looking off. It's tough buying clothes online. But I just can't seem to stop!

Nena Nadine said...

Oh yeah. Also congrats on losing 30 pounds. Way to be healthy. I need to do more of that, again.

Dus Katrina said...

holy cow that is awesome!! way to go! & love this look, I'd have thought it was a full dress.
http://dusanabotswana.com