navinavi

January 21, 2013

Outfit post: The 70's meets the 80's

I love fashion from the 60's and 70's: bell bottoms, platform shoes, lovely patterns, synthetic fabrics that make you sweat but look pretty. Fashion from the 80s hasn't stuck with me at all except for shiny neon colors; but when it comes to music, I can't deny that I loved and still enjoy listening to a bunch of bands from that decade. This simple outfit is to honor my favorite things from both :).







The jeans and the T-shirt are from Argentina; I've had them for a few years now. I remembered to pack this pair of denims but totally forgot to bring my very favorite ones :/. My sister held a garage sale some months ago and I'm too scared to ask her which of my belongings she's sold ... I have the feeling she got rid of my fave jeans (+ who knows what!). I don't blame her, though, I left a shitload of unorganized clothes.


 


You can purchase the feather extension in Gale's etsy


I let my hair grow for almost 2 years and now that's long, I don't know what to do with it, ha. 
I look mad, but I'm not; promise!






I'm not a fan of the brand, they just sell cheap stuff. I'm a friend of bargains, not gonna lie.

Candid shots.



 

Too many pictures! You can totally slap me in the face; I won't complain.

And you can slap me again for wearing too much pink. I have no idea how this happened; I used to dread that color.

Hope you all have a wonderful week! ;D

Hugs!

19 comments:

Esquina48 said...

Este año en Argentina se uso mucho pero demasiado lo que vos estas mostrando,es lindo si,pero no me gusta tan cargado!
un beso
ayez

Jazz said...

Ohhh I love the bag so much!
& I've been after one of those feather extensions for like 18 months now! I know they were in the shops in the summer (like the really popular high street shops) but they were soooo expensive, some going up to about £16 just for a feather on a clip!!

seelvana said...

jajaja estás divina Miki! me matan tus acotaciones en las fotos!

Marisa Noelle said...

Loving the cute and casual 70s look here Miki! Can I just say, your hair is killer! I'm a big Joy Division fan too :-) Holy moly, those shoes are just plain awesome. If I wore jeans this is definitely the kind of outfit I would want (I may just need to go out and buy more). Have a loverly week Miki!

xo Marisa

Roville said...

que lindo look!
y esos zapatos por favor son hermosos aunque confieso que jamas los usaria porque me caigo al primer paso que doy jajaja!
Pero es increible como te estilizan el cuerpo no?
Me encanta tu pelo ya te lo dije! y no me parece para nada que esten hechos garcha jajajaja

besos Miki!

Lindsey said...

Your hair grows so fast!! I love this look though :]

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Cute outfit! Especially the bag. I miss bell bottoms. I wish try would come back. I can only find them (sometimes) when I'm thrifting.

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Those jeans are stunning! And you wear pink very well actually!

Meli. said...

me encanta como te queda el pelo!! y esas plataformas!!! PLOP!
aun no me acostumbro a la moda del fluorecente... me duelen los ojos al salir a ver vidrieras.
pero si lo usaría como toque, como en tu caso. Me encanto!!!!

CHUUIKKK!

Oh, My Darling said...

A Joy Division shirt -- love it!

Kirsten Renz said...

can i just say - i want to steal your hair right from you head. it's so long and perfect! i recently cut all mine off because the ends were gross. coveting your hair 100%

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

this outfit is cute, chic, casual, and dressy all at once! and omg your hair is getting so long! i'm jealous!

Maria said...

BEAUTIFUL, miki!! i LOVE bellbottom jeans. i have a pair i love wearing *when i'm not pregnant, lol* they fit you so cute! and those shoes are awesome *as is your purse* shoe dazzle - i always see those commericals and think i should check out their site! hope you're having a wonderful night, gf. <3<3<3
maria

lisa said...

Holy cow, Miki- I LOVE these pics! You look so freaking pretty and I love the 70s vibe of this outfit. You have such a fun photo style, very inspiring. I'm a huge Joy Division fan and actually New Order is one of my all time fave bands so I def. love your shirt :) Love your outfit posts!!

lisa said...

Holy cow, Miki- I LOVE these pics! You look so freaking pretty and I love the 70s vibe of this outfit. You have such a fun photo style, very inspiring. I'm a huge Joy Division fan and actually New Order is one of my all time fave bands so I def. love your shirt :) Love your outfit posts!!

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Nice outfit post lady!! Looking cute. And I cant believe how long your hair is! that is mental!
Daisy Dayz Blog

Sian said...

i love this outfit and your hair looks so great! woo hoo!x

Katrin said...

My sweet Miki, you always look beautiful, I love your taste, your outfits, your hair, your face, your everything. You rock! And I am totally into music from the 50's-70's too!
Hugs!

Nena Nadine said...

Joy Division! Nice. You look great. Oh and I just cut my hair after 2 years of growth. Like 4 inches but no one has noticed. It was just that long.