navinavi

December 05, 2012

Signs that show I'm growing old

* I now like foods and drinks I used to hate such as artichoke, zucchini, bok choy, hot sauce, Campari, etc. I mean, look at my favorite pizza; it's loaded with old people's ingredients.

Photobucket

* I wear make-up even to go to the grocery store across the street; not because I want to look good and hook up with someone (I'm very happily married :p), but because I'm afraid of seeing my own reflection over at the freezer section. No kidding.

* Time seems to be flying by faster and faster each year; almost to the point where it gets scary and gives me vertigo :/. 

* I no longer have patience for such thing as captcha. Oh, dear! To say that I dread it is an understatement. I find myself just leaving blogs without successfully publishing comments because I give up on it. I mean, seriously, isn't it ridiculous to have to refresh the darn thing more than once because you can't freaking figure it out?! If you use captcha to avoid spam, you can solve the problem by simply disabling anonymous comments; that's what I've done and haven't gotten any spam comment since then.


* I lose track of my age. This year I thought I was turning 34, did the math just in case and realized I was actually turning 33. It was a nice surprise, ha.

* I get happy when I get carded. Sadly, some bartenders/waiters do not do it anymore.

* I hate Tumblr. How come this is a sign of aging, you may ask. I don't have the patience to go through a zillion different Tumblrs to get to the original source of a photo. Also, I get enraged when people don't link a pin on Pinterest to the specific post. Linking a pin to the website hosting it is not enough people! You need to link it to the specific post!

* I'm too old to try to accept one sleeve dresses.


Some people get wiser with age ... I just seen to be getting more intolerant :/ (except when it comes to food).

17 comments:

Stacey said...

I hate capchas. Yes, they serve a purpose but they are horrible. I don't like the blogger ones that make you try and read the number AND some letters.

Ms. Dainty Doll said...

Haha..these were funny, but very true!! I hate the captchas, they bother me and I feel the same as this picture when I have to do them!! Hope you have a great day xx

Katie said...

Hahahahaha this was too funny! Sometimes I think to myself that I'm getting old, too because now I'm liking all of the foods that I disliked when I was younger. And yes now I almost feel like I have to put on makeup just to go to the grocery store.! ugh... getting old sucks! hahahaha loved this post & you , too!! xoxo

meganet said...

This is awesome! a) That's my perfect pizza, too (minus the spinach); b) one-sleeved dresses! I don't get it. (And shirts, too...)

Femke said...

Don't worry about aging! Aging can be so beautiful - just check the advanced style blog! The most important thing is that you're happy, no matter how old you are!

And btw, I hate tumblr too - don't understand anything about that...

xoxo, Femke
By Button

Laura L. said...

Capcha? Who doesn't love capcha?! Oh, that's right: people who have other things to do than read tiny little numbers and letters that you'd need to have magnifying glasses as eyes to read. GRRR!!!

I hate tumblr too. Mostly because it just seems like a bunch of little girls squealing over celebrities. It's like Teen Beat...BUT ALL THE TIME.

I hope you have a wonderful day Miki! Just remember: we're all going to need dentures soon (on account of us getting so so so old....), so we should enjoy those real teeth of ours while we can. :)

Chrissy said...

Love this post! And I so hate capcha! It drives me insane and I do the exact same thing, leave without a comment even though I really tried!
Hope your week is wonderful so far!
Hugs xxx

Stephanie F said...

So true about the capcha!

I could relate to most of these. I'm 35. And it's true about the age number. I need to recount the years sometimes. It happened to my best friend too last year. She was turning 36, but thought she turned 37.

seelvana said...

sos divina!
me identifico con casi todos ajjaja

una señal de que nuestro espíritu es joven? nos matan de risa los memes! pero no tanto como para comprarnos una remera :X

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Haha, my mom had that too one year. She went on saying she was 47 until my dad and my uncle finally convinced her she was actually 46.

And I'm with you on the Captcha! (I don't have it on my blog do I? If so, I should change that...) Especially when you join a giveaway and someone want seperate comments for extra entries...nightmare!

That pizza looks fantastic by the way!

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

P.S. And those sources drive me nuts too. Whenever I do my Circle Songs posts I have such a hard time tracing it back, but sometimes using weheartit is just inevitable...

Kirsten Renz said...

i hope i start liking foods i used to hate. as it is right now i eat precious little vegetables.

that captcha thing made me laugh. i suck at those.

And i'm not a fan of the single sleeved dresses either! i like symmetry in my fashion!

Yelle said...

I totally can relate to all of this! My favorite: I too wear make up to the grocery store. I just can't go out before I have 1 cup of coffee + 1 application of make up.

chantilly said...

You're 33? Damn girl, I thought you were in your early 20's :)) And omg captcha... why? Just why? It makes me want to murder something.

Katrin said...

Haha, you always make me laugh so much, Miki! Old people ingredients! That is awesome! But yeah, I love artichokes, spinach, peppers, mushrooms too. Not a fan of olives though. I thought I would get used to them over the years but I don´t.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! We have lots of snow here!
Love & Hugs!

lisa said...

That is a perfect pizza, in my opinion! But then again I'm old too ;) I can't believe you're 33! I'm 35 and I'm happy to have a blog friend close in age, yay! I freaking HATE captchas! It takes me forever to get them right!

Nena Nadine said...

I agree with you so much. I use to hate alot of foods that I now love and even crave. When I was still in school I hated Coffee. Even the smell of it. Then all of a sudden, when I was like 20, I tried some when I worked the night shift and I loved it. Now I even own a coffeehouse, lol. I never know how old I am anymore. Some social sites will say how old you are on your profile and whenever I see my age I'm like, No way! Really? Some of this is more like experienced blog advice then 'getting old'. I got one for you. Until recently I've been uploading my photos with the name as whatever number my camera gave it. Now I give it a name that has to do with what it is. Like my last post of a height board. They are named DIY Headboard 1 and 2. By doing this my blog hits have gone up exponentially. Also, I am not a fan of tumblr. One of my customers is always trying to talk me into switching from blogger to tumblr. But it kind of makes me feel like I should be having a seizure. Guess I'm getting old too!