navinavi

December 29, 2012

Getting ready to welcome 2013

How are you guys going to celebrate the arrival of 2013? Have you been working on your New Year's resolutions yet? Our plans are not set on stone, but we think we might have a little gathering with one of David's friends and his gf. Nothing big or loud or crazy, and I'm perfectly fine with that. 

I'm trying to save this Sofia Blanc de Blancs for our midnight toast :p.

Photobucket

These are my second Holidays in this country and I'm glad to say that they find me a little but more at peace with myself,  a tad more self-accomplished and happier. I haven't met all the goals I'd planned for 2012, but I did succeed at accomplishing my two most important ones: 1) getting a job (and one that I love!), 2) living a healthier life.

Photobucket

I haven't worked on my New Year's resolutions yet, but one thing is for sure: I plan on keeping myself on the right track in terms of food and exercise. It hasn't been easy to keep up with my work-out routine since I started working, but I'll try hard to not to let myself go again. Being healthy makes me feel happy, more confident, energetic and cheerful. I don't want to stop feeling that way. Ever.

To those who tend to get sad this time of year (like my dad), I say don't look back at 2012 and focus on what you haven't accomplished, or miss that special someone who's no longer in this world too much; don't hurt over the mistakes you've made or sit crying over things you haven't been able to change. Celebrate life! Look around and see how lucky you actually are; we all have plenty of reasons to be thankful for! Look ahead, learn from your mistakes and welcome the New Year with a big smile! ;D If anything, take the beginning of a new year as a new start, pluck up the courage to try to meet the goals you haven't met so far and become a better you; it's never too late as long as you're alive!


Hope you all have an amazing 2013! Let's ring in the New Year with  the best energy and a huge smile on our face! ;D

This song is probably too 2010, but I can't help myself, I just love it. It's cute, touching and hopeful :). 

11 comments:

Suki said...

What a lovely post full of positivity and smiles! I truly hope you have a wonderful year in 2013.

I'm looking forward (with some trepidation) to adding to our family in 2013 and the new adventures that will bring. We don't have any plans yet for NYE but this year we might just manage to stay up for it, now our little one sleeps better! We're seeing lots of friends and family over the festive period, which is lovely.

I tend not to make new year's resolutions at the moment, but last year I chose a word to focus on and I might do the same this year.

Have fun! x

uncustomary said...

Love this post! Congrats on being able to check off those two big goals on your 2012 list. Good luck with continually improving yourself into the best Miki possible. You're so positive and I love it. I wish you a very happy new years!

Chrissy said...

I am so happy for you for achieving so much this past year! You can really be proud of yourself - you rock!
Have a wonderful 2013! Hugs xxx

Roville said...

Hola Miki! yo te escribo en español porque en inglés soy un queso! :D
pero desde ya te estoy siguiendo y me encanta tu blog aunque tarde un poco más de la cuenta porque lo tengo que traducir jejeje! creo que me va a venir bien para practicar un poco el ingles! ;D

que tengas un gran 2013!

saludos desde Italia!

Esquina48 said...

que tengas un lindo 2013!!! besotes
ayez

seelvana said...

sos tan positiva! pasar por acá siempre me hace bien =)

Katrin said...

You always make me feel better, Miki. Always! Thank you so much!

Kirsten Renz said...

My new years was low-key but enjoyable. I feel really optimistic about 2013 for some reason!

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Hi Miki,

Happy New Year! And I hope your Christmas was wonderful as well (it does look like it!).

These past few weeks have been so incredibly busy that I hardly got to spend any time commenting back. Hopefully you'll here more from me soon though;)

Maria said...

This was such an inspiring, awesome post!! I love it!! Celebrating is such a joy...the littlest of things should be celebrated. I'm so glad you found a job you loved and are happy! I wish you nothing but happiness and joy in the year ahead!! It's been wonderful getting to know you and I'm looking forward to following your journey of the new year!
Xoxox
Maria

Oh, My Darling said...

Hi Miki, happy 2013! I'm getting back into blogging and was delighted to read your lovely new years post. Here's to lots of wonderful things in upcoming months! I'm resolving to infuse happiness into my life this year!