navinavi

November 25, 2012

Hearts, polka dots and studs

Hello, everybody! How have you been and how was your weekend or long weekend if you live in the USA? Any black Friday scores? Or do you prefer to avoid the madness and are getting ready for cyber Monday, maybe? We tried to avoid the craziness on Friday, but since I need new everyday clothes for work (ha! It feels so good to say that!), I wanted to check out just a few stores. We headed to Victoria Gardens, my least dreaded mall (I'm not a mall girl) and walked quite a lot. This mall is in the open so it wasn't too bad, plus we went way past midday, so we were fine. I went through a few racks in H&M, Forever 21 and Anthropologie, and asked David to wait for me outside as I waited in line to try on and pay for my clothes. 

Photobucket

I was disappointed to see Anthro didn't have any good deals at all, so we left that store pretty quickly. But, as you can see, I didn't leave the mall empty-handed :p. These are clothes I'd have not normally bought, except for the pink sweater (I'm a sucker for hearts), but I am aware of the fact that I need more basic, easy-to-match pieces for my everyday life. At the library I'm constantly bending down, stretching and jumping onto kick-steps, so I need to wear comfortable garments; no heels, skirts or short tees that would expose parts of my body I'm not interested in showing, hehe. They're only four items, but I think they'll give me some variety.

I kind of look forward to wearing these red pants :p; I've never had colorful pants before.

 Photobucket

I got home very satisfied with my purchases and was ready to call it a day, but then I got an e-mail from Shoe Dazzle and couldn't help myself :/. They had (still have, actually) products up to 60% off. I also had $15 credit from my previous purchase, so I only paid a total of $13 for these studded booties :p. Can't wait to get them in the mail! If you want shoes and don't want to splurge, I totally recommend Shoe Dazzle. They usually have awesome deals, I first bought from them when they offered 3 pairs for the price of 1.

 Photobucket

Sadly, I don't have much to show you; I haven't had time to take pictures and the sun going down so early is not helping either :/. But that hasn't prevented me from eating, that's for sure! We didn't have turkey for Thanksgiving, but David made some kick-ass meat in the oven and then we indulged with these chocolate dipped cookies, yum :p.

Photobucket

We also had cat-shaped ice in our drinks, hehe. David surprised me with these ice cube trays I'd seen on Pinterest a few days ago. I see some colorful Jell-o cats in my near future :).

 Photobucket

One more crappy picture before I leave. This is a mural that's right by the entrance door at the library, they put my name on one corn even before I arrived my first day :p. I'm so happy to be surrounded by friendly (and patient!) co-workers! :D

Photobucket

Have a wonderful week, everybody! ;D

I promise to swing by your adorable blogs really soon! Please, bear with me ;).

Tight hugs!

20 comments:

uncustomary said...

CAT SHAPED ICE.

Nati said...

Tu blog es hermoso, me encanta pasear por él.
Gracias por tu visita.

Katie said...

My girls would LOVE that cat shaped ice!!! so cool!!!

Katrin said...

Oh Miki, I am in love with the heart sweater, the booties and the cat shaped ice! Great finds! I love colorful pants so much!
Have an awesome week, my friend! Love & Hugs!

Marisa Noelle said...

Heart sweaters and cat shaped ice - oh my, <3!!! Congrats on landing the library job Miki - truly exciting! (I always wanted to work in library...hehe). What is it, with Anthro having no good deals lately? I had the same issue with them when I went over the weekend....boo. At least you walked away with so many awesomesauce finds :) Have a lovely week Miss Miki!

xo Marisa

Laura said...

Cute clothes and way cute cat ice cube trays! Love!

Hope you have a good week at work!

Laura :)

seelvana said...

guapa! me encantan tus novedades, y yo también soy fan de los swaters de corazones, tengo dos que podemos intercambiar si venís un día a jugar!

Courtney said...

Yay for new clothes! I LOVE the red pants. I've yet to buy myself a pair... maybe after the baby bump is gone!

Sandy a la Mode said...

love all the items you got!! :)

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Maria said...

Ahhh, cat shaped ice cubes!! Your husband is awesome!! Those are so hilariously cute!! So glad you had a happy and relaxing Thanksgiving!! I love the clothes you picked up - the red pants are such a pretty color and so fun!! And those shoes - awesome!! Hope you're having a great week! Xoxox
Maria

Ang Lam said...

Hi

Would like to invite you to my
OPI 007 Real 18K Gold Top Coat + $20 Voucher to shop at Firmoo Optical Store Giveaway!

The Closet 365

Debbie No Está ® said...

Que envidia, aca no hay nada asi!! quiero un blog lindo como el tuyo, como hago para que mi blog quede lindo como el tuyo? jaja

besote!

Tabetha said...

Happy to be a new follower from the hop!
http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

JellyBones said...

Found you through the bloghop. Adorable header!
Trish

www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Loving the trousers and the heart jumper, very cute, you'll look awesome. So proud of you for getting the library job. I hope you love it there!
Daisy Dayz
Cross-Jones-Photography

RubiesAndRibbon said...

Oooh which store is the pink and black heart sweater from? So cute.

- Ruby (via bloghop!)

Kirsten Renz said...

!!! you found such good stuff! i'm jealous. i had to WORK at 2 in the morning. it was pretty awful but oh well. love that heart sweater!

Erin Dawn said...

Miki!! That cat tray is amazing! And it looked like you made a haul shopping. We don't really have Black Friday in Canada, so I did my shopping online...

Nena Nadine said...

I think you are going to rock those red pants! Unto a very professional way of course. I too am trying to make wardrobe staple pieces. I have so many clothes that only match one thing.

Nena Nadine said...

In not unto. Silly autocorrect