navinavi

November 08, 2012

A compendium of edible somethings

If you're familiar with my compendiums, you know that food is ineluctable. Well, this week's compendium is only about food, but of course, not just about plain food; it's food with a twist. Hopefully you'll find something that will catch attention. Are you hungry yet? Get ready to be!

Something mind-blowing: The most amazing cookies that I ever did see.





Aaand a funny one, hehe.


Something custom made: Roc Candy sells the coolest candy; you can choose from a very colorful selection or create your own. Yes, you can eat your own logo if you want to :p.



Something to drink: Do you think drinking beer from a bag is appealing or gross?




Something to drink and eat: Doughnut shooters, that is, Kahlua served in hollow doughnuts. I think I'll pass this one.


Something for a party (?): If you want to the see the ugliest looking cakes, hop on over to Cake Wrecks. It'll steal a couple of chuckles, I promise.





Something to eat with: Ok, you got me, the following are not edible, but still food related; can we make an exception, please? ;)


Something fun: Candy sushi.  








Something themed: I want to invite friends over for tea just so I can use some of these adorable ideas.








Something healthy: All these look so good! 








  
On a more serious note, I'd like to end this post with an unrelated link. There's not much I can say about hurricane Sandy that hasn't been said yet, but I couldn't help bringing it up. My heart goes out to those affected by it and I hope the city and its inhabitants can recover really soon. There are several ways to help physically and/or monetarily; this is just one example. Chilean artist Sebastian Errazuriz has designed this "I still love NY" T-shirt and will donate 100% of the profits to Hurricane Sandy relief programs. You can purchase it here for $40.


May you all have a nice weekend.

12 comments:

Chrissy said...

Another one of your great posts with some pretty awesome finds! Love the candy sushi! And drinking beer from a bag seems a little gross to me...
Love the I Love NY t-shirt and think I might purchase one!

Hope you're doing fine! Did you get something in the mail recently?
Hugs xxx

seelvana said...

esas primeras galletitas dan pena comerlas!
la torta de la novia es horrible!
la lucha del banano me dio risa!
y la comida saludable me inspiró.

Muy bueno el link que pusiste para colaborar con las víctimas, me pareció también increíblemente creativa la remera.

Beso, buen finde!

Kirsten Renz said...

those paper doll cookies are CRAZY! that must take so long to do. definitely envious of that talent.

Marisa Noelle said...

Ok, that bride cake is just creepy! Count me in for the candy sushi and all those adorable roc candies though. I have such a sweet tooth, so posts like this are dangerous...though all your compendiums are dangerous Miki as I always leave your page wanting everything I see - except that bride cake of course :)

Have a loverly weekend darling! xoxo Marisa

Melissa said...

Great post! I love those cookies in the first set. They look too beautiful to even eat.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Ioana Liliana said...

Too yummy for words!


Fashezine

P.S. And don't forget about the James Bond Notebook GIVEAWAY :)

lisa said...

I think the doughnut shooter would probably make me sick, although it sounds good :) Last year in an art class we had to make an edible candy box and this girl in class made a sushi meal with rolls, rice, wasabi, squid salad and everything out of candy! It was so cute and this post reminded me of it. I love beer but I don't think it would be good out of a bag...

Katrin said...

Aww, Miki! I love love love these posts! Now I want to have candy with paws on it. But I think I don't want to drink beer out of a bag! :)
Have a wonderful weekend! Love & hugs!

she.is.the.one said...

Nice post dear :)

Join Estée Lauder Giveaway on my blog :)

http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/2012/11/giveaway-v.html

Maria said...

Ok, those cookies are beautiful and so so neat!! They're too pretty to eat! I am so hungry right now and this post makes me want to have a pigout! :)
The candy sushi is so cute!! What an adorable idea!!
I hope your weekend has been wonderful, Miki! Sending lots of love your way!
Xoxox
Maria

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Oh those terrible cakes are so funny! I love the look on all the food at the end though, so good!
Daisy Dayz
Cross-Jones-Photography

Erin Dawn said...

I love Cake Wrecks! They are the best. And those cookies are insane, I would feel kinda bad eating them, ha!