navinavi

October 30, 2012

We made it to the pumpkin patch

Ah! I'm so not original! Aren't you tired of looking at photos of bloggers in pumpkin patches? Hackneyed, I know! But hey! In my defense, this was my very first time in one ... Because, you know, I'm Argentinean ... And I (and my husband) suck at planning things, so we didn't make it last year, ha. To make it up to you, I'll make this post funny escatological, I promise.

We almost failed to visit one this year as well because I got sick in the stomach on Friday night. Why did I get sick ... ? Damn, I can't recall ... Oh, wait, yes, I had a beef burrito (aka the killer) followed by a dose of cough medicine (no, I'm not working on a meth lab! I get bad colds and coughs even when it's hot - FYI it's still hot in SoCal). Anyway, the next day I felt almost just as bad, but given that most pumpkin patches/corn mazes close by Halloween, we had to go this weekend. It was a very short visit because I needed to know there was a restroom available as soon as I needed one, haha. TMI? Sorry.

So, without further ado, here are a few pics we took at the pumpkin patch.


A lot of pumpkins were already going bad or rotten, haha, but it didn't matter to me, I was a happy bunny just enjoying this new experience.


I guess this is the most Halloweenish outfit you'll see me wear this year: a skeleton tee I bought in Argentina a while before taking off. Well ... you can't actually see much of it.


I don't know why I thought I had to pick up a pumpkin every time David was about to take a photo of me, haha. 



This is the corn maze we didn't get to do because of what I told you in paragraph #2; plus I don't think my footwear was corn maze-friendly (it never is. I'm so short, I try not to wear flats when we go out). Don't ask me how I managed not to fall walking on the dirt up and downhill, dodging holes and lumps; I'm well trained, I guess.


After seeing these pics, I realized I have a pizza face :/. So from now on, you can totally call me pizza face if you feel so inclined ... I can almost see the olives spread all over the circumference of my face, bahahaha!


We didn't buy a pumpkin, but we didn't leave empty handed :p. This farm is part of a college field where students grow a lot of veggies and put them up for sale.





They have a market where you can buy goodies grown or made outside the farm, too. I accidentally found the themed pasta I included in a compendium a couple of weeks ago :). It was over 5 bucks, so we didn't get any.



Not chocolate, but candles.


And these are the goodies we did buy :p. I love the glass milk bottle and yes, that's an empty honey bear, ha. You could fill it with their own honey, but I just wanted the container ... I wonder who's going to get it in the mail :p!



OK, this was another boring pumpkin patch blog post ... But it was a fun experience to me :p!  

Have a fun Halloween if you celebrate it! And a wonderful day!

Oh, and there are two giveaways you can enter: 

1) Click here if you are in need of neat sunglasses (ends tomorrow).

And/or

2) here if you plan on sending the coolest Holiday cards ever (ends Nov 5th).

14 comments:

Laura L. said...

Have you considered that the beef burrito is related to your need to pick up a pumpkin every time a camera was pointed in your direction? It's a well-researched fact that burritos cause the-desire-to-lift-pumpkins. It's really convenient when in a pumpkin patch, but harder to fulfill when it's not Halloween.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN dearest Miki! :) I'm hoping to get lots of trick or treating kids this year, but it's sp frakking cold where I am so I doubt many kids will brave the weather. Canadians may have a higher-than-average tolerance for cold weather, but we have limits too!

Rosie Sherratt said...

awesome post! :D
i love pumpkins, but here in the uk we don't get much 'halloween' hype - ive never been to a pumpkin patch :(

i love the pastas!
Rosie xo

Rosie Sherratt said...

awesome post! :D
i love pumpkins, but here in the uk we don't get much 'halloween' hype - ive never been to a pumpkin patch :(

i love the pastas!
Rosie xo

seelvana said...

jajaja cara de pizza sos tremenda!!!

por qué hay calabazas por todo el suelo? uso el traductor de google para grandes volúmenes de texto por eso si lo redactaste no lo entendí.

Amé tu remera de esuqeleto, algún día quiero una igual!

Feliz día de brujas!

Katrin said...

Black cat pasta! That is awesome! :))
And I love your post! I have never been to a pumpkin patch! I am German, you know. :)
Have a lovely Halloween, dear!
Hugs!

vero mariani said...

qué paseo de la hostia miki!!!! qué lindo día, lindo lugar y linda miki dando vueltas por ahí :p

chantilly said...

haha, yes, i've been noticing so many posts about bloggers at pumpkin patches recently! but i'm glad to read about your adventure there... i'm happy your first time was so much fun! we got a couple pumpkins from the grocery store which were a little rotted, but we felt the same as you... happy to have them. :)

have a lovely halloween, miki! xx

Hello Naka said...

omg thts so cool! i wanna go to a pumpkin field and interesting pasta :p

Jenny said...

Glad you got to visit a pumpkin patch! You can mark that one off of your bucket list!

Maria said...

I love pumpkin patch blog posts! :) I seriously do!! And how cool that this was your first time visiting one - it certainly deserves a blog post!! It's such a cute place, and how funny you found the pasta you posted about!! Your photos are gorgeous, Miki!! I hope you had a wonderful Halloween!! Happy November - can't believe it's here already!!
Lots of love xoxox
Maria

Katie said...

Miki! Me encanta tus fotos!! Que bien que fuistes a la pumpkin farm!(: y muchisimas gracias por el casette que me mandastes el otro dia!! I loved it! Thank you so much...eres tan dulce! <3

Dorothy Explora said...

aw, that pumpkin patch looks like it was fun! :)

daisymay aka Chantele said...

That is a lot of pumpkins, we dont reaally have pumpkin patches like that over here. i love the fun pasta though. We bought Eiffel tower ones back for our house mates from Paris. Hope your feeling better now!
Daisy Dayz
Cross-Jones-Photography

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

this was adorable.