navinavi

October 01, 2012

Random peeks

Hello, everybody! Hope all is well! Life has been a tad hectic over here. I wanted to publish a post yesterday, but the house was crying to be cleaned so that took a while to fix and then the husband decided to barbecue a little something just for the two of us, then one thing led to another and the next time I looked at the clock, it was a bit too late to turn on the computer.  That's all right, though, the last day of September was a good day :). I have no organized post, but I still wanted to pop up to say hi and show you some random photos. So, welcome to a very random journey! 

This past week, I devoted a lot of my time to the library. We had our huge annual sale on Saturday where we get rid of the best material that is handed down to us; that includes not only books but videos, DVDs, games, toys, magazines, stories on tape/CD, and whatnot. Yep, for some reason, people seem to donate all sorts of things they do not know where to put or where to throw away, haha, but I won't complain because thanks to them, I am able to purchase a lot of such objects for cheap :p.


I filled these two bags (which I got for free :p) with the following material. I spent a total of $12, which is more than I was planning to spend, but I'm happy with my purchases.


I couldn't pass this lovely Jane Austen set. I think it'll make a good present, but I might end up keeping it for myself.


I also snapped a good amount of children's books for the kids in the family; they're all like new.


An hour before closing time, we did a 2 bucks a bag flash sale. You should have seen people's happy faces when we announced they could fill up a whole bag for only $2! These are a few goodies I got then: 2 books on CD, a game, a vintage magazine and 2 records. I'm curious to find out what that Beatles on Apple vinyl is all about; it says Hey Jude on it, but I have not listened to it yet.


I bought a few more things, but enough of this! Let's move on ;).

A few months ago, I wanted to try waffles, so we bought a box at the grocery store. I think I shouldn't have :/; I don't want to have cereal for breakfast anymore! I don't use syrup or butter, their flavor is good enough to me.


I saw a double rainbow a few days ago (you can barely see the second one here); it didn't rain or anything, but there it was. I.miss.rain.so.much. 
Speaking of the weather, can you believe that we are still reaching 3 digit temperatures in SoCal?! :O


I was doing the dishes the other day, I turned and when I looked back into the sink, there was this bug on the foam. We hope it is not a termite!


A couple of weeks ago we went to a place called Perris (which I thought was spelled Paris till I started seeing signs on the freeway, haha) to see my brother-in-law and David's uncle race in their jet-skis. Here's a candid picture I took in my father-in-law's motor home.

  
That's my brother-in-law in action. Unfortunately, he didn't do that well due to a couple of mishaps, but I was happy to know he came back home safely. Those things look too dangerous to ride!




And I think that's it for today.

What have you been doing lately?

Hope you all have a great week! ;D Happy first of October, guys!

12 comments:

Niken said...

oh.....i want the books! need i say more?

your neighborhood looks so lovely (plus the rainbow). my cousin almost got a deathly accident when he was jet-skiing. i felt like my heart jumped out of my chest watching him. glad that your brother in law's safe

Chrissy said...

Love that Jane Austen set is amazing! Love it! And I don't think that's a termite...looks more like some kind of fly thing.
Have a wonderful week xxx

Mary Has Sound said...

Maybe, because the weather is taking longer to adjust, it will be an easier transition for you into the Fall (colder) seasons. <3

seelvana said...

buena randomeé! me mataron las tapas de los libros, muy diferentes a lo que vemos por acá :(

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Wow, such amazing books! Both the Dickens books and the Jane Austens look beautiful, such lovely editions:)

And that double rainbow is stunning<3 There's been a lot of sun+rain here too lately, but I haven't been able to even spot a single one...perhaps soon!

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

Marisa Noelle said...

Wow, I've never seen a sale like that before. You lucky duck. Those Dickens and Jane Austen sets are amazing. Your life sounds like my life lately - crazy, busy, hectic, behind on everything...haha. Thank goodness for double rainbows though. I saw one the other day too. They are always a happy little reminder to just stop for a moment, slow down, and enjoy the beauty around us :) xo Marisa

Marisa Noelle said...

Wow, I've never seen a sale like that before. You lucky duck. Those Dickens and Jane Austen sets are amazing. Your life sounds like my life lately - crazy, busy, hectic, behind on everything...haha. Thank goodness for double rainbows though. I saw one the other day too. They are always a happy little reminder to just stop for a moment, slow down, and enjoy the beauty around us :) xo Marisa

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Hey Miki!!
So sorry I havent swung by the blog for so long, life has gotten a little upside down and made, but I'll explain that to you in my next letter! Looks like youve been having a good time anyway! Library sales sound like fun, they dont have them in the UK sadly. Right I'm gonna go read some of your older posts, so speak soon!!
Cx
Daisy Dayz

Maria said...

All of those books are beautiful...you found so many wonderful children's ones! Wow...and all for 12 bucks - my kinda shopping! :)
The rainbow is so pretty...I love catching them when you least expect it!
Happy October, Miki! Hope it's a great one!
Xoxox
Maria

Katrin said...

Awesome finds, Miki! Congratulations!
And it was so great to read about your life. :) Glad you are doing fine!
I am fine too! The pets say "Hi sweet Miki"!
I would be way too scared to try jet ski by the way!!
I am thinking of you! Hugs!

Kirsten Renz said...

Great book finds! I love matching sets like those Dickens ones. What a fancy looking motor home! That couch is nicer than the one we have in our apartment!

And I totally see the double rainbow ;]

Dorothy Explor'r said...

OMG! the witches by roald dahl - one of my childhood favorites!!! :) jealous!

dorothy