navinavi

October 09, 2012

Fun mail: What to send in a spill-proof container

A couple of months ago it was sweet Katrin's birthday. I wanted to send her something, but was completely out of cash. So, I decided to put together a little practical package with what I had at home. The fun part was to use a spill-proof container I'd bought at Home Depot a while ago (you know, one of those containers builders and handymen use to put nails and dangerous little objects in to later throw away).


And these are the things I put in the container:
- bandages
-bear buttons
- tea
- lens cleaning wipes
- a pumpkin shaped note pad


I wish I could have sent her something way more interesting, but I'm glad to at least have sent things that might come in handy :).

And since we're talking about mail, let me share some photos of some amazing packages I got from Mary :p.





How cool is this butterfly card, right?!


She also sent this postcard, which I had to decorate and send to the recipient written on its back; the recipient is an artist, by the way.


I wish I could have done a better job, but I can't really draw, so I used pictures from magazines.


I also got some kick-ass mail from sweet Katie :).



And this is part of the mail I've sent, probably 75%. I always forget to take pictures before dropping off my packages.



Have a great day, everyone!

And thank you so much for your encouraging comments in my previous post! You guys are the best! ;D

10 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVEEEE HOW CREATIVE YOU ARE! I received my beautiful letter yesterday and I'm already working on a reply for you! :) !!! I would have written back yesterday, but I had a headache. booooooo! No bueno!!

You inspire me to find new and creative ways to send my mail. Never in my life had I received a BUBBLE WRAP envie! WoW! Loved it!! I didn't know if I should pop it all first before I opened it, ORRRR just open it! LOL!!! I had fun with it though, and thank you so much! Can't wait to get started on your letter... xoxo !!

Love, Katie

Laura L. said...

I hate that you can only send weird shaped objects through the mail from same country to same country. I have no shortage of weird items that I'd love to send you. You know why? Because Miki, my lovely, I think you would love to receive: a plastic tub container top, an empty toilet roll, and a giant foam "L." And that's just off to the top of my head! Imagine the amazingness of weird shaped objects you could receive if I actually thought more about it! :)

This is where I'd wish you luck on your interview, but you know what? You don't need it because I have absolutely no doubt that you're going to nail that interview. So instead, I'm going to say, "Cucumber." Does that sound mysterious?....I was hoping for "ruddy mysterious." ;)

Katrin said...

You are the best and sweetest Miki! Thank you again for the best birthday mail ever! You always make me smile! Thanks for being such a wonderful friend and creative inspiration! Hugs!

seelvana said...

AAAAAAAAAA
le hice zoom a un sobre lindo lindo lindo
creyendo que era para mi
y descubrí que era para una afortunada Dorothy!

Qué buenos envíos andan y llegan a Ontario eh!
Felicitaciones por tu afición, es muy cute!

Kimmy said...

What great packages!!!
Getting mail is so fun. I wish I could send/receive more mail from pals.

ceci a. said...

Jajajaj genial!!! De dónde sacás todas esas cosas tan lindas vos? Eh???!
Contá cómo te fue en la biblioteca, que esta semana te reunías o no?

Kirsten Renz said...

that chocolate chips tins is awesome! there's something about tins...

The Craft-Arty Kid said...

I love all the packaging! Definitely inspired to be more creative when I send mail
x Lisa
http://thecraftartykid.blogspot.co.uk

lisa said...

You send and receive the best mail ever, I do believe. There should definitely be an award for that :) I love that fill-in ice cream card! So fun! Hope your week is off to a good start! P.S.- I love the F21 blazer you bought :)

Corina said...

You keep on surprising me, Miki!
You' re so creative. Good job and happy to read about the exchange of packages :D