navinavi

October 04, 2012

A compendium of somethings sorted by material

It had never occurred to me to do such a compendium, but I randomly bumped into cool objects that happened to be made of different materials; and it just dawned on me that it's actually a cool category to sort things under ;), right? Nah? You're not too confident? Well, scroll down and let me prove you wrong, haha. Have some faith in me, please! :p

Something made of wood: Kiyata is the coolest brand ever when it comes to wooden furniture and ornaments. I look at all these objects and wish I could have them all *sigh*.






OK, this bikini is not actually made of wood; can you even imagine that?! That would be so uncomfortable, haha! But it looks as if it were :p.



Something made of glass: Lindsten Form used the tragedy in Fukujima, Japan as inspiration to create these wonderful clocks, lamps and nightstands.




And how cute is this ring found on Etsy?


Something made of felt: Accessories made of felt?? Send in a dozen, please!

Something made of paper: Reversible paper lanterns

Pretty wallpaper by Bartsch.




This is the best calendar ever! It's called the Ink calendar and it "prints" a number daily. If you want to learn how it works, click here.



Awe! If only I were able to wear these dresses made with maps!





Something made of wood/sand/water: You guys, if you're into the so-called green issues, you have to check out Save food from the fridge




Something made of plastic: If you want to give someone an original present without breaking the bank, I recommend that you check Suck UK. Look at all the awesome goodies they sell! 

Photobucket Photobucket

And while we're at it, why not get a pair of Melissas for yourself? ;p

Photobucket

Photobucket

Too bad the kitty ones are for kids!


Photobucket

Something made of canvas: Here's how to pimp your plain white tennis shoes. 






Something made of lace: Peekaboo Lace sells boot accessories, hipsters and bandeaus made with this material. 





Have a wonderful weekend, everybody! ;D    

12 comments:

Katie said...

Hola Amiga!! I really love those kitty shoes for my daughters! hehe, especially the younger one. She would look so cute in those, haha... you find really neat things! I love your style! xoxo Katie

seelvana said...

el calendario que tintea es de lo mejorcito que he visto!

vero mariani said...

jajaaj sos tan grosa! de dónde sacas estas cosas??? tu blog es tan vos, tan único! me encantaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

beso enorme locura con pancetta jajja!

Kirsten Renz said...

i've seen that ink calendar around the internet. genius!

Katrin said...

I can't even tell you how much I always look forward to these posts! But I have to say: you always make me want to spend a lot of money! I guess we should win the lottery!
Have a wonderful weekend, my sweetest Miki!

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Beautiful! Do you know if you can buy any of those first items somewhere. I adore them!

And I've been lusting after Melissa's for ages now. They're so cool<3

As is that calendar by the way.

P.S. Hope you got my last comment with the reply on yours;)

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

Maria said...

I'm with ya - too bad the kittie ones don't come in adult sizes!! :)
You always find the coolest pieces...loved all the wooden things in the beginning...for a split second I thought that bikini was really made out of wood - haha!
I am in love with the cowgirl boots!!
Hope the weekend is treating you well, Miki!
Lots of love xox
Maria

Marisa Noelle said...

Oh snap - those lanterns would look amazing in my house...then again so would that wallpaper and come to think of it, those dresses would look awfully pretty in my closet as well. Haha, you did it again Miki. I am smitten with all this loveliness. Have an amazing weekend darling! xo Marisa

lisa said...

That calendar is too freaking cool! I didn't know that trick about the eggs, I'm going to have to remember that. Too bad I don't have a cool shelf to help me... Hope you had a great weekend and thanks for putting together another list of awesome things to look at!

Kimmy said...

Really cool items!! I think I love that ink calendar the most. Really cool.

Yelle said...

Those umbrella handles (and "wood" undies too!) are so adorable!

Found you via the blog hop!

Salut, www.yelleevents.blogspot.com

Corina said...

The "bat-lamp" is one of my favorite. Sooooo creative!