navinavi

October 26, 2012

A compendium of somethings for my friends

Ok, yes, this compendium might look like a bunch of unrelated somethings. However, if you're lucky to know the same people I know, you'll understand why I chose every link. So, this is a virtual gift from me to some of my favorite people/bloggers ;). Enjoy!

Something for Jenna: And all my fellow crazy-cat ladies out there (knowingly: Katrin, Seel, AshleyLisa, Mary, Ceci, Chantilly

  
CAT BOUNCE! A website of bouncing cats.

Something for Cori: She's one of my dearest friends from Argentina and she's about to tie the knot with her beloved Henne. I'm really bummed I won't be able to witness such an important moment (this is the first big event I'm missing), but, Cori, if I could be there and had loads of money to splurge, I'd used this idea as inspiration to throw you a colorful Fiammi-friendly bachelorette party ;).




Something for Mary: She might know or not know about The Elevated Envelope Exchange, but just in case she doesn't here's the link. The name of the blog is pretty self-explanatory, right? Look at one of the envelopes involved in the project! 


And Plenty of Colour, which I've talked about before, but a great blog is worth mentioning twice, right? ;)






Something for Seel: She makes the cutest dishes and not only that, she draws them majestically! ;P If I were to invite her to dinner, I'd treat her to some fun pasta like the following. I can already imagine her watercolor drawings! You can see some of her yummy and cute creations here and here.



And how about furniture-shaped waffles for dessert? I want this waffle maker!





Something for Katrin: Because she is always cold, haha. Can you believe she sleeps with 3 water bottles? You can buy these knitted socks here.


Something for Ceci: She recently moved, so she's still decorating and making her new house her home. Plus, she's expecting her fist baby. Thank you, Vero,for having introduced me to Lucat!!! I am so in love with all of their products :p. They make the prettiest wallpapers, decals and fabrics! And they even print your custom design; it doesn't get any better than that.





Something for Lissa: Because it rains a lot in New York, where she lives and because it honors the name of her blog, Don't rain on Mondays ;). Yes, these are transparent rain boots! And you can purchase them for $35.

 
Something for all of you who want to temporarily dye your hair: We've all heard about hair chalk, but it turns out there's even a cheaper way to dye your hair: Kool Aid, ha! There are a lot of tutorials out there; here's one.

 via

Hope you all have an awesome weekend! ;D

And if you want to win a cool pair of sunglasses, enter my Sunglasses Shop giveaway here! :P

18 comments:

ceci a. said...

Tus compendiums son o más!
Amé esas medias
y esos fideitos!!!
Besos enormes Miki linda y buen fin de semana!!!
c.

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Awesome, Miki! I really loved those envelopes and pasta. And those see-through shows, wow, I'll be on the lookout for those!

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

Sarah Mc. said...

Haha, I dyed my hair with KoolAid when I was in high school! I'm sure it's amuch more highly evolved science now. =) Petroleum jelly. A must to keep your skin from turning color, I can tell you that much.

Katrin said...

Awww, you are the best, sweetie! Thanks for making me smile! I love the bouncing cats and I need the socks to keep me warm! Thank you so much for everything! You are such an awesome friend! You rock! Lots of hugs!

chantilly said...

those socks are gorgeous!! really expensive, but i would love to have them. the jumping cats are so cute!! xoxox

Maria said...

I'm drooling over that lucat stuff...have to check out their site when I'm done leaving you this comment! :) I've seen those pretty pastas in Home Goods and thought they'd be so fun to buy for a date or party night!! Omygosh, my friend sent me the cat bounce site earlier and I was dying...sooo cute, right?! I showed Steve and he was cracking up!!
Thanks for the awesome post as always, Miki!
Happy weekend to you! Xoxoxo
Maria

seelvana said...

Mikiii!
gracias por el link! sabés que esos fideos los conocí en Italia pero estaban un poco caros y no me pude traer, pero la re pegaste, los agarré como para comprarlos cada vez que tuve la oportunidad!
No creo que sean difíciles de hacer, con remolacha, espinaca y tinta de calamar se colorea la pasta fácilmente!

también me gustaron muchas otras cosas que vi por acá pero no me corresponden! jajajaj y tengo una recomendación para tu amiga friolenta, me compré hace unos días una bolsa de agua-polera, similar a la que está en este link http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7035/6435798173_9547b052cf_o.jpg
pero tejida y con cuellito y todo, una monada!

Suki said...

Always such a pleasure to make all these discoveries in your compendiums. It is literally like eating a box of delicious candy!

I want those transparent rain boots. I'd definitely have to buy some new socks though! :)

Chrissy said...

Ha, love this! Such a cute idea!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs xxx

Katie said...

That is so neat, dying hair with kool aid! =)

Kitty Cat Stevens said...

i am in love with those rain boots! what a great list. thanks for the comment on my post— so glad i clicked over to "meet" you!

Cupcake Couture said...

Thanks for sharing these! So cool - love the wedding stuff! x

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

omg! these are all so cute!

lisa said...

Oh my goodness, those bouncing kitties are so fun :) I'm off to check out Plenty of Colour because that place looks amazing... Have a great day, girl!

Kirsten Renz said...

These are all AWESOME. Whether or not you know who they're meant for. So great.

Hello Naka said...

i love the see through shoes ^^ and the kool aid dye is pretty cool, have a great halloween!

Corina said...

Hola Miki :)
Thank you heaps for such a nice virtual gift. I love it!
You know we'd love to have you here for our special day :(
Anyways, I'll keep you posted about the latest news.
THANKS AGAIN for being with me despite the distance!

Hirra said...

wow I just happened to stumble across your blog and I just thought I'd say thanks for putting the link to those transparent boots up! I would never have found them that cheap without you!