navinavi

September 25, 2012

Hello, fall!

Fall is officially here and I'm trying to embrace it as much as I can. You see, I don't want to be a downer, but to me cold weather means having my asthma inhaler handy at all times, extremely dry skin and cold sores, having a runny nose (the whole time!), oh, and my mom passed away in fall, so unfortunately I think more about her and how much I miss her during this season. However, as I told you before, fall and winter in the States are all about celebrating (Halloween, Thanksgiving, the Holidays), so I'm trying to focus on its perks rather than its drawbacks ;).

So, here's my first outfit post in fall; it doesn't look too autumn-y because here is SoCal temperatures are still above the 90sF (30C)! But anyway, I really like this dress, but after I bought it, I realized the upper part looks like a cheerleader costume. What draws me to put it on is the fact that it's covered in white sheep :p and in my opinion, anything that has sheep on is worth wearing! Our youngest niece turned 8 years old on Sunday, so I thought her birthday party was the perfect occasion to wear it.



This dress is from Objecto (Argentina), which no longer exists :(. However, its designer has created a new brand called Chiche, which is pretty much the same thing.


    
Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing here ... Just wanted to show you how high these wedges are :/. It took me a while to get used to them. I bought them online on a special offer (3 pairs of shoes for the price of 1), no returns; since I couldn't exchange them, I'm wearing them whenever we don't need to do much walking.


My idea was to fix my hair in two big buns to complete the outfit, but I didn't have time. I was hurrying till the last minute to finish baking these babies :p. This was my first experience using yeast, so I didn't know how these garlic cheese bread sticks were going to come out. My first yeast + warm water mix didn't work out, but I googled "how to use yeast" and followed those instructions instead; lucky me, that link totally saved me! And my two batches of bread sticks were a complete success, yay! :D


One more thing, I wanted to tell you that Monday was a great day! 1) I finally got some parts I needed to start using my sewing machine and I'm slowly figuring out how to start using it; 2) David started his online classes (he's studying anthropology); and 3) they called me from the City to have a job interview to fill a part-time position at the library I'm volunteering!!! Hurray!!!! :D I don't want to get too excited, but this is huge to me, guys! I know it's just an appointment to have an interview (that won't take place till mid October!), but I am beyond happy. I need to get this job! :D Fingers crossed.

Hope you've started this week with a huge smile, too! ;D

Hugs!

10 comments:

Katrin said...

You look so cute, Miki! Love the dress, the shoes, you!
And I know how you feel about missing your Mom! :(
Good luck with the job interview! I know you will rock it! You are awesome!
Have a great day!

Mary Has Sound said...

SHEEP! Love it. <3

Alone in the moon said...

Bellisima vestimenta para darle la bienvenida a ese caluroso otoño! Me encantaron las ovejas, tiene un no sé qué que atrae mucho!
Hermosa producción Miki.
Saludos desde este rincón en el cual el almanaque grita que ya es primavera, pero que los vientos y el frío se encargan de desmentir...
Que tengas una lindisima semana

seelvana said...

aguanten los municipalesss!
y ese vestidito primor ♥

myneonsignlullaby.com said...

Cute dress; you look so darling. :)

Lucia M. said...

miki tenemos q hablar mandame un email a lulaenparis2@hotmail.COM ya MI TEL ESTA MUERTO Y ESTOY EN EL TRABAJO

Dorothy Explor'r said...

hey miki. i'm sorry to hear about your mom :(

as for fall in socal, count your blessings and be THANKFUL you're not in wisconsin. haha.

you don't know COLD until you get through one of our winters! :p

lisa said...

I'm so excited about your interview! Yay!! This dress is awesome- it seems like they have the best clothes in Argentina :) You look so cute! That bread looks amazing...

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Aww Miki your looking so cute!
Daisy Dayz

Nena Nadine said...

Love that dress on you. I'm finally learning not to buy heels even if they are super cute. I can't walk in them so what's the point. I have a couple of shoes with small heals. Like training wheels for me.