navinavi

September 04, 2012

Asparagus baked eggs

Well, hello, hello! It's been longer than usual. I guess I enjoyed the long weekend too much and forgot about posting. However, I'm back to make it up and if you're up for veggies and healthy dishes, this is the post for you ;)! To make these delish asparagus baked eggs I adapted this recipe from Claire Thomas. Hers looks prettier, for sure, but mine is a bit healthier.


These are the ingredients you'll need:
Asparagus (thin ones), a ramekin, an egg, salt & pepper, butter, 1tbs bread crumbs, 1 tbs Parmesan cheese.


Preheat oven to broil. In a buttered ramekin lay the asparagus stalks.



 Crack the egg on top.


Sprinkle with salt, pepper, bread crumbs and Parm. Broil for 5 minutes.


Now, truth to be told, this batch above slightly burned (because I placed the ramekin on the top rack instead of the middle one :/), but lucky me, I made two more batches at the same time (I have an electric oven and was not going to waste energy just for one dish!) :p.

I'll show you the better looking one.



The original recipe calls for cream and toasted bread, but trust me, it tastes great without the extra calories ;).

Pinterest vs. me
This time it didn't turn out so bad, haha.


I'm Topsy Turvy

Hope you're all having a great week! ;D

And remember you only have until tomorrow night to enter my Don't shop my closet - get it for free giveaway.

21 comments:

Laura said...

This looks good! I'll have to try it for sure! :) Hope you are having a great week!

seelvana said...

heyyyyyy pero el de la chica no tiene clara!

yo tengo planta de espárragos, hay que esperar 3 años para cortarla por primera vez y no me aguantoo! es muy bonita, re la recomiendo ;) hasta la podés tener en maceta :D

bon appettit!

chantilly said...

superr yum! i want to try this!

<3 you. x

Lula said...

whoa delish!!
Im jealous of your photoshop skills

Niken said...

it looks good!
i need to eat more healthy food.

Alone in the moon said...

Y ahora me dieron ganas de probar esta receta que se ve rica y sana.
Sin dudas, la voy a hacer
Saludos y que tengas una linda semana!

lisa said...

This looks so yummy!! I love eggs with a runny yolk :) Your pics are making me hungry!!

Katrin said...

You rock, I would love to cook with you someday! :)

Kirsten Renz said...

This is never something I'd think to make but looks pretty interesting.

Jennifer said...

looks delicious!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

JoAnna said...

My mother does this every once in a while..it's so delicious!

Marisa Noelle said...

Oh that just looks heavenly! I am going to have to make this. Oh and I got so totally excited on my last comment that I forgot to tell you that, yes, it is the same address as last time :)

Katie said...

Mmmmmm that looks so good!!!

healthymommyhealthybaby said...

Love this! Thanks for the easy-to-follow photos! Stopping by from Shine on Fridays :) havign a hop at my blog too if you'd care to join: http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/2012/09/sweet-saturday-19-my-lily-is-growing-up.html. Have a great weekend!


PS love your blog layout! So cute!

Rebecca @ Better Life Bags said...

Thanks for linking to the Pinterest Challenge!

Jessica said...

OK, so I totally just had this with dinner and it was awesome! I'll be blogging about it next week ;)

Michelle said...

That looks wonderful! I love asparagus.

Nicole@Show Off Friday Blog Hop said...

Yum!!

healthymommyhealthybaby said...

Yeah, so I totally blogged this: http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/2012/09/meatless-monday-asparagus-baked-eggs.html. My pics aren't as pretty as yours, but I liked this so much I made it twice last week!

Trish Hughes said...

yummy, that looks really good. might have to try it :)

Corina said...

Hi again! I just wanted you to know that I did something similar last week and it was delicious, so THANKS for the idea!!!