navinavi

September 27, 2012

A compendium of exceptional somethings

You usually see my compendia of somethings on Friday, but tomorrow is going to be cra cra! I'll be all day at the library organizing our big annual sale on Saturday, so I decided to go ahead and hit "publish" a day in advance. So, here's a list of some unique and original somethings. Enjoy!

Something public: Look at these amazing street art displays! This one's for you, Mary ;). 

 How incredibly awesome is this replica of Monopoly in the streets of Chicago?




I've always been curious about Vietnam, and now that I've seen photos of these light stencils by a Vietnamese artist I want to visit the country even more.




And how neat are artist Heppe Jein's benches?





Something for those interested in doing ballet: Keeping up with street art, look at this leaflet :p! 

Photobucket

Something for you and your bestie: Peanut butter and jelly rings and peanut butter and Nutella rings.



Something to wear: Too bad this tee is a 2009 calendar




And these ones are for you and your other half.


Something for your lips: Lip balm which flavor is unicorn farts, haha. The description says it smells like cotton candy; I mean ... duh!!


Something for the rain: I'd love to watch water coming out of this adorable gutter accessory.

Photobucket

Something scary: Gun-shaped chalk and soap.



Something for popcorn addicts: The Poppinator. Don't let this picture fool you, this is not just a popcorn maker, it shoots popcorn so you can catch it with your mouth, bahaha. You can see how it works here.


Something to keep your coffee and tea hot: Here are two original cups.




Do you have any cool plans for the weekend? If you happen to be in the Ontario area, do come by our City Library and shop! You'll find lots of new and old books, magazines, videos, DVDs, etc. for way cheaper than in bookstores ;).

Have a great weekend, everybody! ;D

16 comments:

seelvana said...

el poppinator!! LO QUIEROOO!

y la pollerita del ballet es increíble, con NADA se pueden hacer cosas creativas JAJAJ!

Beso Mikii!

lissa said...

I like the ballet sign post, it's very cute!

hope you have a sweet day.

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Miki!! I hope you have a fab Friday at the library! I wish I could be there...it sounds like fun :)

And that rain cloud gutter thingy is so darn cute!

Lots of fabulous somethings yet again :)

Jenna
xoxo

chantilly said...

i love those peanut butter and jelly rings!!! and the raincloud gutter is just adorable. hope you're having a lovely evening, miki :) x

Katrin said...

Wonderful things like usual Miki! I am always looking forward to your wonderful posts and you always make me want to buy things. These rings are awesome and I would really love to have a bench like that...and all the other things! :)
I hope you don't have too much stress at the library! Have a great weekend, my dear Miki!

Mary Has Sound said...

Oh man, I know, right?! The Monopoly installations are fantastic. When I saw the 'chance' cards I asked my friend in Chicago if she'd seen them. I wish they were near here!
Good luck at the sale, lovely.

lisa said...

These are so fun! I'm going to have to look through all your compendiums when it comes time for xmas shopping! I think I need to get some of that chapstick for my friend that loves unicorns :) Big hugs, Miki! Have a great weekend!

Kirsten Renz said...

these are all amazing. those benches looks 100% painful though!

vero mariani said...

JAJAAJJAJAAJ UNICORN FARTS! jaajaja! tenés un don para encontrar estas cosas increíbles! sos lo maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!!

Marisa Noelle said...

I've come to the conclusion that your posts are slightly dangerous Miki, as I end up wanting everything I see. I would love to try and convince my husband to purchase that cloud gutter accessory for our house. Surely it's an essential, right? Those peanut butter and jelly/nutella rings are awesome!

Have a fantastic weekend darling! xo Marisa

Marisa Noelle said...

I've come to the conclusion that your posts are slightly dangerous Miki, as I end up wanting everything I see. I would love to try and convince my husband to purchase that cloud gutter accessory for our house. Surely it's an essential, right? Those peanut butter and jelly/nutella rings are awesome!

Have a fantastic weekend darling! xo Marisa

Michelle (VINTAGECOBWEB) said...

First time follower through Blog Hop.
Where do you find all these things?

I love the gutter accessorie and the Unicorn Fart and the....

Hello Naka said...

i hope its not too crazy for you! and those light stencils seem really interesting i love the rings too :3

Maria said...

I hope your week is a great one!
You found some interesting things, Miki! :) I love the Unicorn Farts lipbalm! Hahaha! And the fact that it smells like cotton candy!
Thank you for all of your sweet words! Wishing you a wonderful day!
Xox
Maria

daisymay aka Chantele said...

The painting with light is too amazing!!
Daisy Dayz

Corina said...

I'm so wrong when I think everything has already been invented!