navinavi

August 23, 2012

A compendium of unusual somethings

The internet is a great source of information, but also a great source of junk. Here's a compendium of unusual and ridiculous inventions, some of which, I have to admit I kinda dig.

Something fried: I wonder if we'll ever find a deep fried gadget section at the fair (j/k ... Obviously). When I first got here, I couldn't believe the amount of deep fried food you can find ... Oreos, chocolate coated bacon ... I don't know, they all sound gross to me.





Something whimsical: I do not like going to the gym, but I'm sure I'd enjoy going to this one in Japan every single day. Isn't this the most awesome climbing wall ever?



Something to say you're sorry: Sorry I'm such an asshole balloons, a pack of 12 costs $15.

Photobucket

Something for your ice-cream: You can buy a Ben & Jerry's ice-cream lock for $6.64.


Something kind of practical: Well, I can't say I don't like this idea.



Something for your food: One click butter cutter.






Something fun: I totally want these Strawz construct your own drinking straw kit.

Greetings from the Onion is a set of postcards that features 100 of the publication's best and worse headlines, magazine covers and charts.


Something I'm willing to come across: Del Popolo is a mobile pizzeria that you might be able to try; you can check its schedule here.



via 

Something for food + puzzle lovers: Over at Spinning hat, you can find a selection of food related puzzles.  




Something a bit creepy: I'm not sure if I like this French bar. Love the egg seats, but that giant bird head is a little disturbing.




 via 

Something for the unpunctual: I know a few people who could use this watch, hehe.


Something useless: Check this table to see how common your birthday is. The results are based on all the babies born in the USA between 1973 and 1999. Apparently, people here like to make babies during winter time, haha.

 via

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! ;D 

11 comments:

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

That wall is amazing! And I love that ice cream lock, such a great idea:D

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

Mary Has Sound said...

That climbing wall is crazy!! I own those Onion postcards and my coworker and I got a kick out of the puzzles! Love the boxes they come in. :-)

Katrin said...

Wow, that climbing wall is soooo cool!
And I really love the idea to store your shoes like that! I need stairs like that!
Again, so many wonderful ideas, thanks for sharing, dear Miki!
Have a wonderful Friday!

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Those deep fried gadgets are SO weird! But...the fried letters that make up the first photo look delicious. :)
That mirrored rock climbing wall is pretty amazing...I'd probably try my hand at climbing that.
And the shoe stairs are GENIUS!
And thanks to the pizza food truck photos I want pizza!

Love all of these!

Jenna

Lucila said...

Necesito esa escalera y los rompecabezas!!!

Burkha said...

una geniaaa!!! amo, como siempre, tus post con cosas tan creativas. quiero repostear! cuando tenga mas tiempo lo voy a hacer y te aviso.
por acá sigue lloviendo! me re gusta igual, pero en varios lugares hubo inundaciones, y eso no me gusta, me pone mal, pobre gente! esperemos que pare pronto.
después te paso mi dir por mail, pero me da un poco de cosa ponerte en gasto y esfuerzo por eso! Gracias!!

Heike said...

I love the ice cream lock!
:)
But I am sure I would find a way to break it! Muahhhhh!

seelvana said...

jajajaj vi muchos de comida! se ve que vas bien en tu dieta porque canalizaste tus deseos vía blog!
Bien por vos!

Kirsten Renz said...

HOW DO YOU FIND THESE THINGS?!
I really want a coffee-table book of all your compendium posts!

amyschmamey said...

I found this so interesting. I love the ice cream lock, the straw kit, and the puzzles. Neato.

Maria said...

This was so much fun!! I was cracking up at those balloons and the ice cream lock...omygosh, too funny!
And wow...my birthday is super popular...had no idea. Hahaha
Thanks for sharing :)
Xoxo
Maria