navinavi

July 08, 2012

Life as of lately

Hello, guys! How have you been? Things here have been more hectic than usual; that's why I haven't been visiting you as regularly. I guess that's good, though, it means things are moving, right? I'm a bit upset that I still haven't worked on long promised posts and a guest post, but I guess real life is naturally more imperative. I'll do what I've promised, but first there are a few things I need to focus on. And of course, I'll be catching up with all of you in no time! I actually already started in the middle of cleaning the house, doing laundry and folding clothes :).

I didn't want to start a new week without a post and without publicly saying "thanks a lot" to some lovely ladies, so here I go! :p I leave you with a lot of random facts/pics and a bunch of warm thank-yous :D.

My good old and comfy flats need to be thrown away :/. We've walked a long path together and you will be remembered, haha. By the way, I realized they were this bad on our way to see a school counselor; hope he didn't noticed I looked like a bum.


Before talking to the school counselor, we had breakfast at the IHOP; it was my first experience there and I have to say the place did not disappoint :p. I had these red velvet pancakes along with some more food, but I'm embarrassed to show you the rest. I do eat like a pig. Way to go me! :/


I tried to balance unhealthy food with more decent edible stuff such as these giant mushrooms. I had never seen such huge (and delicious) Portobellos! 


Portobello mushrooms + mozzarella cheese = a happy tummy!


These past couple of weeks, our mailbox was uber happy; I got a lot of unexpected packages! The first one is a cheer-up combo sent by the adorable Lissa. She had read I'd been having too many rainy days (this song perfectly depicts my mood then) and was thoughtful enough to send a lovely card and these amazing goodies! Which I have been wearing since day 1. Thank you so much, Lissa! :D


I also got the most adorable envelope, postcards and ephemera from a new pal and blogger, the always hilarious Laura Ly. That Paris vs. NY postcard is already on my mood board! :P And I can't wait to put all these into good use!


Last, but certainly not least, yesterday I had the pleasure to get this amazing package from Laura! When I realized this one came from The Netherlands, I knew it had to be from her. I was delighted to see the contour of a cat on the envelope and even more so after I discovered what she had sent!


It's a cat-related package! :P And she sent the huge hair clip I had posted about! Can hardly believe it.


Oh, in case you're wondering about the wedding party we went to on Saturday ... Well, I didn't get to wear my new green dress or orange shoes or pink lipstick . I got into one of my moods when I hate the way I look, nothing seems to fit right, so I just said "screw it!" and threw my boring funeral dress on me. Instead of wearing black pants, though, I wore my kitty tights. I had a good night and since there was an open bar for a couple of hours, I had more drinks than usual; some of which I'd have probably never ordered had they not been for free (knowingly: a Midori Sour and an Adios, Mother Fucker). When it comes to cocktails, I usually stick to classics; Bloody Marys, Dry Martinis, Mahattans and an occasional Negroni are my to-go drinks.


By the way, I'm glad I'm saving my green dress for a different occasion :). And thanks again for all the wonderful outfit you've given me! ;D

What else can I tell you? Oh, yes! The last Saturday in June, we had a 2 bucks a bag sale at the library and I got to fill 3 bags with books, magazines and stationery! This is probably just 10% of what I brought home.



Isn't that anniversary card with the 2 cats kissing a little disturbing??? See bottom left.


I also used a discount coupon at Michael's that day and bought myself some more scrapbooking paper and an old style label maker :p.


Right now, David is working on some new living room furniture we got today from Ikea and I'm planning to spend the rest of the day catching up with all of you and writing letters that I'll hopefully be sending tomorrow morning :). Monday, I'll have to get back to reality and make some serious decisions. But for now, I'll keep enjoying the rest of the day in LaLa Land, as my mother-in-law calls it, haha.

So, what have you all been up to?

Are you ready to start a new week?

May you have a great one! ;D 

PS: A little giveaway is coming soon!

20 comments:

Allison said...

I love all of the cute handmade things, especially the kitty pouch!
:)
Allison

P.S. I'm having an INTERNATIONAL $75 Shopbop giveaway on my blog, so don't forget to enter! :)
A's Fashion Files
$75 Shopbop Giveaway!

Mary Has Sound said...

I'm sorry about your shoes. I hate when that happens. But you didn't tell me about the tights you wore!! That makes everything okay. :-)

lisa said...

Seems like it's been hectic for everyone lately! I had to take about a week off from the internet so I've been super behind on your blog. Those leggings are amazing! I read the other post with the green dress- it's so freaking cute! I love that color and I think it looks so cute paired with other brights like orange, red, and pink. I know what you mean about not in the mood for brights sometimes though! Good to save it for a time when it feels right! How'd it go with the school counselor?? Big hugs!

Katrin said...

I can't even tell you how much I love your blog, Miki! I always get so much inspiration, it is incredible. Love all the things you posted (but sorry because of the shoes!!)!
and I have to ask: where did you find these wonderful kitty tights? They are INCREDIBLE!!!
Have a fabulous week, my dear!

Laura L. said...

I love the tights! So cute! I can't wear tights because I'm short but plump. So I have to buy the large size, which is made for someone much taller, and I inevitably end up wearing the top part of the tights near my neck just to make it fit! Ha.

Oooh, and I'm sorry about your shoes. I hate having to throw away a beloved pair of shoes. Why can't we make shoes that never wear? Is that so much to ask?! :)

Have a wonderful week.

Rebecca said...

Sorry about your shoes! Great blog! Great inspiration!

Rebecca

www.winnipegstyle.ca

Fashion babel said...

I got my camera back yesterday!WOOT WOOT!
http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

Suki said...

Oh wow, super happy mailbox! I love Laura, she's amazing. It is always special to receive a parcel from her.

Reminds me I need to send HER something... maybe I should send you something too...;) Now that would be fun! I could try to find some interesting packaging... will you send me your address? (I should warn you I'm super slow... but I always get there in the end!)

theowlclub {at} rocketmail {dot} com

Hafsah. said...

oeeh very nice!
can we follow each other on GFC &bloglovin? x

Kirsten said...

Throwing away shoes is the worst! I've only had a few get to a point where they needed to go (most others I lost interest in all together) but when it happens, it's sad.

I definitely know how you feel as far as dressing for the wedding goes. I get those moods waaaay more than I'd care to admit. I usually have a few "screw it" outfits myself...but then sometimes I "screw" the "screw it" outfits and it's a huge mess of clothes. Ehh hormones.

Your mail looks so fun. I was considering ordering some stationary type stuff for packaging for my shop. Maybe I'll take the plunge.

I hope you get everything in order and give yourself a little peace this week!

Chrissy said...

So sorry about your shoes! I know it sucks when things you love break.
And what amazing mail you get! SO lucky! I think we should do a little swap again sometime soon! Hugs xxx

seelvana said...

me dejaste empachada de papel!

tus medias, un cañooo! ganadoras a full!
Nos debés la foto de cuerpo enterooo!

Marisa Noelle said...

I'm right there with you Miki! Things have been so busy - I have had no time for visiting around to even just say hello. Now is the time to catch up:) I don't even know what to say about those red velvet pancakes - except for - I wish they were in my tummy right now! The portobellos look equally as de-lish, but in a different way.

Kitty tights - how adorable are those! 2 bucks a bag on library books - oh yeah and a Michael's coupon to boot! Sounds like a stellar week Miki! xx Marisa

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

i've just been trying to survive the heat and keeping busy with work! i'm glad you've been good! those kitty tights are adorable.

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

MIKI!!! I am going through all the posts of yuors I missed during my hiatus! You got yourself quite the bundle of goodies in the mail! Cat related packages are the best...I wish I was a better bloggy friend and reciprocated sending goodie bags since you've sent a few to me! But alas...I am not a great bloggy friend!

Those tights you wore are ADORABLE!!! And your "funeral dress" looks pretty darn cute too!

And if you and I went to IHOP I feel like you wouldn't feel like such a pig because you wouldn't believe how fast I can clear a plate of breakfast food :)

Oh and speaking of drinks...try a Gimlet (with vodka not gin) the next time you go out. It's an extremely old fashioned drink but it is MY personal fave :)

Jenna
xoxo

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Looks like you have had a few fun packages! Im jealous!!

Daisy Dayz
Cross-Jones-Photography
My Hub Pages

Dorothy Explor'r said...

wow... busy, but productive week! LOVE the kitten tights with the dress :) and manhattans are one of my go to drinks too. ahah.

anyways... wow, $2/bag sale at your library? LUCKY! i'll have to reply to your email asap, but with the warm weather and sunshine... i've been finding more time being spent outdoors rather than in and online :( kinda sad, but glad just the same.

i'm hoping your days are looking brighter these days. i still think you're an amazing individual for being able to pack up your life in a few suitcases and relocate to a diff country! ;D

pals,
dorothy
theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com

Sarah Evans said...

Love the little cat gift box and the cake looks yummy!

Visiting via the Mingle With Us Hop :)

Sarah
http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

Self-Dressed said...

wow! love it!!
nice blog! I am following you now in bloglovin and GFC!
like to follow back? we could stay in contact!! i hope so!
kisses dear!!!

self-dressed.blogspot.com

Rosie said...

it was my birthday last week, so that was exciting! :D
it sucks that your shoes broke :(
my favourite ones broke last week too!
i love your tights btw ^_^
have a good rest-of-the-week!
Rosie xo
A Pocketful of Rosie