navinavi

June 14, 2012

Ugly looking, but yummy tasting spinach gnocchi

I can totally hear chef Ramsey screaming "ooh, piss off!!!" as I tag this post with the word "recipe". But let me tell you, these might look like gnocchi/dumplings from Chernobyl, but they are really good. For reals! :p


It's actually a recipe I learned from my mother-in-law. I don't know why I had never done these gnocchi before! They're healthy, yummy and fast and easy to make. 

So, this is what you'll need to make these amorphous little monsters ...
 


Directions:

* Boil a pound of spinach (1 frozen bag)
* Place the spinach in a bowl and add all the other ingredients.
The amount of flour you'll need depends on how well you squeeze the spinach and the size of the egg, but it should be a little less than 2 cups.


* Mix the ingredients until the mix looks like this.


* With the help of 2 spoons or a spoon and your fingers, make make small balls/ovals.
I do this right next to the pan with boiling water and throw the balls as I go.


 * Boil your gnocchi and strain when they start floating (5 minutes, approx).
 * Serve with grated cheese or sauce.


I guarantee this recipe won't disappoint ;).

Now, picture time!





Hope you feel like trying it :P.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Marisa Noelle said...

I love how you format your recipe posts Miki! I really need to take a lesson here! One can never go wrong with Gnocchi. It should be a food group in itself, I swear:) I just made it the other day deep fried with tomatoes and pesto and goat cheese. Now I need to try with spinach because those look incredibly de-lish! Happy Thursday darling Miki! xx

Angela said...

You are too funny, and there is nothing wrong with being festive all year long. I am now folling you, and found you via 'Mingle With Us' blog hop. When you have a minute stop by and visit me at http://thebargaingame.blogspot.com/
Have a great day!
Angela

Angela said...

*following, OOPS!

Tita said...

Ahora mismo me los hago!
me espera un racimo enorme de espinacas en la nevera!!!

chantilly said...

i. love. gnocchi. omg. we've made it from scratch with a mushroom cream sauce a few times, and it was to die for. i think we put potatoes in our gnocchi though! nevertheless, spinach gnocchi sounds INSANELY good!!

Katrin said...

Haha, they don't look ugly at all, Miki! :) I love your pictures, you are so amazing!!!

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

that look ssoooooo goooood.

April G said...

Haha! I love this recipe post. You've actually made me want to try it, no matter how it looks. ;)

Kirsten said...

I'm not typically a spinach fan, but these sound interesting.