navinavi

June 19, 2012

Fun mail: What to send in an aliminum foil box

So, you probably know by now that we don't trash any kind of container in this house, right? Any box, bottle or canister has the potential of turning into a package worth shipping. 


When we ran out of aluminum foil, I knew I could use the box to send Carrie her old promised little package. I bought a few trinkets, some candles and embellished them with washi tape.


In case you want to try this yourself, here's a little tiny DIY.
These are the elements you will need:


Make sure the magazine you choose has a laminated cover so you can stick the tape and remove it without trouble.


Instructions:
-  Cut some washi tape the length of the circumference of the candle and stick it onto the laminated surface so you can work with it easily.
- Cut the tape with the X-acto knife the same height of the candle.
- Then stick the tape onto the candle and that's it!


They're light, fun and flat; perfect to send through the mail in any container, even a bubble wrap envelope.


The shipping of this box cost $2.63 without confirmation (confirmation is an extra $0.85 in the US). You can check USPS package rates here
Always try to write the recipient's address and yours on the same side.


When you reuse boxes, make sure you hide their bar code; tip from the employee at the post office.

Have a wonderful day! ;D

11 comments:

Marisa Noelle said...

My box...hehe! I totally thought those candles came like that! What a cool and crafty little DIY. Those little darlings have burned in my owl votive holder over the past couple weeks:)

I love the idea of reusing boxes like this. Receiving a chocolate cupcake box just made it all the more special:)

Have a loverly week Miki! xx Marisa

In regards to your comment -Later today a photo from Keane will be making onto my blog:)

Hello Naka said...

awh that's pretty cute and nifty ^_^ posting in the UK is really expensive though :(

Katrin said...

You are the best, Miki!
My bottle is on the picture. :) Yay!
And I also thought the candles came like that. :) You are so creative!
Have a great day!

Kirsten said...

You are the Martha Stewart of mail. Seriously.

hello bunnies said...

Great idea!! I'm going to start saving all my containers too because you're right, they have potential. Also, I never thought to use magazines as a cutting board, great idea too! thanks for the diy inspiration!

hello bunnies said...

Great idea!! I'm going to start saving all my containers too because you're right, they have potential. Also, I never thought to use magazines as a cutting board, great idea too! thanks for the diy inspiration!

Mary Has Sound said...

This is beyond adorable.

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

So freaking neat! I bet the post office people look forward to seeing you and what you bring in to mail!

Jenna
xoxo

Chase the Star said...

What a great idea!!! I don't throw anything away either! New follower from the blog hop!
XO, Barbara
http://chase-thestar.blogspot.com/

Buffi Neal said...

Love that candle idea! Come check out my blog(:

Coquis said...

Cool!!! You continue being extremely creative! Thanks again for the nice package you sent me last time... weǘe already tried the "sugarhearts"! :D