navinavi

June 03, 2012

A bunch of random photos

Hello, everybody! How's your weekend been? Mine kind of uneventful, but ok. I'm still not feeling 100%, but I'm way better than last week, so hopefully, life should go back to normal soon. I've been taking pictures of random stuff that I never got to share with you, so why not do it now? ;)

Speaking of things I don't need but I can't help myself from buying (remember the Band Aids?), E-Bay won me over once again and I got these adorable Scandinavian Matchbox label stickers. You can't blame me, I mean, look at the adorable ad? Hehe.


I'd seen these stickers on Etsy awhile back but I got them for cheaper from this E-Bay seller. The ad said they were not going to ship my order after about two weeks of the date of the purchase, but I got them way sooner than expected, so that was a nice surprise.


This box contains 144 different stickers :p. I don't understand why matchbox labels, though. Do people use these stickers to embellish normal matchboxes? I know I'll be using the hell out of them on bottles, letters and whatnot.


These are some of my favorite ones.



When we were doing grocery shopping at Walmart last week, I bumped into this box of cereal and that made my day; I mean, heart-shaped cereal? Seriously?! Now, that's what I'm talking about! ;D And not only does it look good, it tastes great, too.



Do you know what else made my day? Two days in one week, actually? Getting mail from Mary! :p I got her lovely letter first and then this postcard of Salvation Mountain. How thoughtful of her to have sent it to me?! I'm happy to have become friends with her; we're working on a joint post which we will publish this Tuesday, so stay tuned, please! ;D


I also got my giveaway prize from After 9 to 5 Decor that I'd won over at Chrissy's blog! Yay! I got a $15 gift certificate that I spend on this lovely print. I think I'll frame it and hang it in the office or the dining room.


Here's some outgoing mail that I'm planning to take to the post office tomorrow. 


One of the advantages of living in the States is that I can purchase my Clinique foundation 3 times cheaper than in Argentina, free shipping and if you place your order the right time, you get to choose 3 free miniatures. I've tried several other (cheaper) brands, but this foundation (on the left) is the best one for my delicate type of skin. I've given up on their cleansing products, because it gets too pricy to have the whole set all the time, but their foundation, I must have. It lasts for a complete year, so that's $23 well spent in my opinion.


Something that melted my heart a few days ago is the fact I caught Dimitri licking Dante's face for over 3 minutes! :P These 2 furry fellows have never become friends, but I have the feeling things are beginning to change for the better :). They're hanging out together and chasing each other more than ever before, and now Dimitri's licking Dante?! It's outrageous! After over a year, I had totally lost hope. But I guess I was wrong :p. Here's one of the videos I recorded with my phone.


So, what's been going on on your neck of the woods?

Are you ready to start a new week, yet? Hope so!

Here's to a wonderful and colorful week! ;D


16 comments:

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Love those stickers! Such amazing patterns<3

And the heart cereal looks adorable. I have some heart pasta at home:)

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

Chrissy said...

Aw, your kitties are so cute!! How adorable!
Thanks for the shout out! I love the print you picked! So happy you won!
Hope your weekend was wonderful!
Hugs xxx

Mary Has Sound said...

Oh man, your kitties made my heart melt. I love those labels so much, too!
And thank you for posting about my mail. :-) Can't wait for our Tuesday posts!

Laura said...

The stickers are so darn cute! I am also wondering how people would use them with matchboxes?? I think they will be cute no matter what you put them on!

Dimitri and Dante are so darn lovey! I love it!! Kitty bath time is the best. ;)

Katrin said...

Miki, the video is so adorable! It so reminds me of my cats!
And I love the stickers! I don't really understand why they are called matchbox stickers but okay...:)

chantilly said...

those matchbox stickers are really cute! i too, think it's odd that such a specific thing exists. but decorating with them sounds super fun!

ps, my release party is on the 16th, it wasn't yesterday! xoxo

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Miki! That video of Dimitri and Dante is adorable! I would melt too if two of my "less than friends" cats were to do that. Heck I melt when Penny cleans Trixie and they are friends...it's so sweet!

Your outgoing packages look adorable as always!

Lots of great random photos...far more interesting than the junk I take photos of! Thanks for sharing :)

Jenna

Suki said...

I lOVE those stickers - I'm obsessed with anything that vaguely resembles stickers or labels! I will be visiting that seller right away!

And the video of your kitties is the cutest thing ever :)

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Well first I hope your feeling better. I want some of those stickers too! Soo pretty! And the heart shaped cereal! yay!
Hoping some of the outgoing mail may be for me?! hehe!!
I gotta do another road of penpal letters I think.
Daisy Dayz
Cross-Jones-Photography
My Hub Pages

lisa said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, Miki- I hope you're even better today! I love those stickers, I've never heard of matchbox stickers but they look cute for cards/packages/etc. I hope your week is off to a good start! hugs!

Corina said...

Hi Miki,
Dimitri is such a sweetheart!! :p I love the video :)
As I told you by mail, last weeks were extremelly busy, so I didn even have time to visit your blog...
Anyways, I'll try to catch up now!
Have a gorgeous week and I'm already looking forward to getting some mail :D

Kirsten said...

Every time you post I realize how alike we are! Those stickers look like my heaven and I LOVE Clinique products. I might have to place an order. There's nothing like free minis.

ceci a. said...

Ohhhh! Heart shaped cereal! Y encima se llaman "Whole hearts".. es casi como una propuesta de matrimonio!
Y las Clinique, la gloria misma. Me compraría containers de esas.

LAS LOLITAS said...

Miki, we love the video!
Kissies

Kestrel said...

Those matchbox stickers are cool! I suppose you could use them to decorate matchboxes then put something nice inside, instead of the matches!
I love your cats - I have 2 cats as well, and love it when I find them being nice to each other, for a change!

seelvana said...

hola, tenés una piscina llena de papeles hermosos?
Quiero ir a jugar a tu casa el próximo verano :P