navinavi

May 18, 2012

A compendium of somethings - Gift edition

Buying presents is so much fun! Isn't it? Choosing the right gift for a certain person is a very interesting process, in my opinion. I know I can probably give someone a gift card so they can choose to buy whatever they want or need, but I believe personalized gifts are the best; even when it means spending little to no money at all. Well, they are the ones I enjoy getting the most, anyway.

So without further ado, here are my top picks when it comes to giving!

Something for someone who has just moved: I think these ceramic letter plates could work as a wedding or house warming presents. You never know what household goods the couple or person needs, so you might as well give them something they probably don't need but will be very much appreciated, right? I wouldn't get the letters to make a name, but a fun word instead.


Something under $15:
Melamine plates $12 each


For $6.50, my new pal Suki will send you an adorable custom collage button. Aren't they the sweetest? :) You can get them at her Etsy.


You Smell soap bars starting at $8


Something priceless: I've just found out about Franck de las Mercedes' boxes through Sole and I'm thrilled!!! This Nicaraguan artist who lives in New York created this awesome project called The Priority Boxes Art Project. He sends a box he uses as a canvas for abstract art to all those who request one and he does it for free! As stated in his website, "The Priority Boxes project is a public art series that seeks to provoke thought, to make people reconsider their ability to influence change, communicate through art and make art accessible to people from all walks of life". SO inspiring! I'm sure I need to say no more to get you to check out his work, right? You can lean more about it and request a box for yourself or to give away here.


Something for a young child: I was going to say "toddler" but I just checked the specifications and it says this rainbow sound blocks is not suitable for kids under 3, ha.



Something hand-made:  I think I might give this DIY a try. You can read the tutorial here.



Something for tea lovers: OK, I totally want this set of Kusmi afternoon teas for myself.


Something for Valentine's Day: Isn't this sweet? :)


For Valentine's Day or any other occasion, Chocotelegrama (form Argentina) lets you personalize your own message in chocolate tiles.

Something geeky: Periodic table building blocks



Something playful: What to cook? Dice



No, this is not a set of toast and jam, it's a sponge and strawberry-scented body wash, ha. You can get it here.



Something for a musician: or any music lover. I really want these Vinyl CDs :p.

 

How about these Vinyl cutting boards? They're not really made of vinyl, by the way.



And maybe these Marshall vintage-ish speakers? Yep, they look like amps.



Something for a graphic designer: Is it just me or this typographic memory game seems pretty much impossible??



Something for someone who's turning 50: You can post this video on their wall on their birthday, haha.


Something for a biker: Revolights will be launched in June this year.


Something you can personalize:giant fortune cookie with a custom fortune would make a nice present, don't you think?




Something for any occasion: Melanie's boxes always make me smile :).







Have an awesome weekend, everyone! Do you have any cool plans?

We have tickets to see Meiko in a record store on Saturday. I'm finally seeing her live for the first time ;D. Have you ever listened to her music? I got to know her through MySpace and became a fan as soon as I listened to Piano Song; that was my MySpace profile song for a looong time.

Have fun! ;D

11 comments:

Mary Has Sound said...

Love those rainbow bike streamers! My friend's dad turned 50 today so I sent her the link to that awesome video! :-)

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Miki!!!! Hi :)

Have a commented on any of your posts since I started back blogging? I don't think I have...I've read them though :)

Such great gift ideas...though most of them I want to gift to myself. That toast and jam body wash is so darn cute! And the "what to eat" blocks is such a neat idea. And those plates!! Man...another round of great finds in your weekly compendium!

Jenna
xo

seelvana said...

aiii tus compilados son deliciosos!
me voy a escuchar la música y a seguir trabajando, beso!

Wida said...

This is all amazing O_O

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Katrin said...

Oh yeah, so many great ideas! Thank you so much! I want everything! haha. I guess I'll start with the plates!

cosas mínimas ♥ said...

Ey! que bueno que te gusto lo de Frank de las Mercedes, pediste cajita? espero que te llegue rápido, igual esta bueno olvidarse que la pediste y que un día te sorprenda.
Este post tiene demasiadas cosas hermosas.
Morí con el cuellito de corbata para poner y sacar :)

Besoss!

LAS LOLITAS said...

Cuantas propuestas lindas1 Nos morimos con esos platitos con dibus para chicos. Gran post! besos!

Kirsten said...

Oooh my favorite are the periodic table building blocks! That sponge/bread baffled me! So interesting. Have fun at the concert!!

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Wow, what a huge and awesome post!
I love that tie-necklace<3
And Suki's stuff is always great!

Suki said...

I can't believe it took me so long to comment! I was of course super excited to be featured - your compendiums are truly brilliant. I always see so many cool things I've never seen anywhere else!

I love the what-to-have-for dinner-dice, sweet idea.

Sandy a la Mode said...

i want to try those you smell soaps!