navinavi

May 30, 2012

Band Aids

This is one of those things I can absolutely live without, but keep eying for a while; and then one day, in a total fit of stubbornness, just say "The hell with it! I am getting them!" And so I did. And I'm not even sure I am ever going to use them; stupid, right?


Cyhtnia Rowley and Band Aid have joined forces to create "Hurt Couture", a limited edition of fashionable (?) adhesive bandages. You can get them at Rowley's online store for $5 + $8 shipping or do like me and get them at Amazon for cheaper. Neither the designer or Amazon is selling the black or white cans, though; you can only get the regular cardboard box.  

Band Aid is always launching new limited editions; we've all seen from Hello Kitty to Angry Birds, but other companies are very creative, too. Wanna see some original adhesive bandages?

Urban Outfitters sell these trendy Keep calm and carry on and moustache bandages. You can also find the next two models in their store (Life's really not that hard and What happened last night?).





Over at Fred Flare you can find a wide variety of original bandages, too. 
Erm, what's up with this girl's face?





Mmm, underpants? I don't think so. And I don't understand why you can find sooo many bacon products?! Chapstick, toothpaste, etc.


Another online store that sells wacky bandages is Waste some cash. I don't know if you can tell the first ones are sushi themed, hehe.


Of course, you can always resort to Amazon,where you can get Jesus bandages, for instance!



A long time ago, I found a website which designed these so-called brandages; I don't think they ever got to start selling them, though.


Don't want to buy any of these? No problem, you can make your own! ;) Get some neat fabric, double-sided tape and regular bandages; Here's the tutorial.

 
So, which are your very favorite ones?

Have you bought anything you didn't need, but wanted lately?

Hope you're all having an awesome week! ;D

And remember you still have a few hours to enter my giveaway for a chance to win Meiko's latest CD and a poster, both signed by her. 

12 comments:

Laura L. said...

Oh neat! I feel like deliberately giving myself a papercut just so I can use an awesome bandaid. :)

Marisa Noelle said...

I've been eyeing those cupcake ones for awhile now:) Those flower ones are beauties too though. Gotta love frivolous purchases like this...hey, it's ok every once in a while to indulge just a bit:) Now I gotta catch up on your posts Miki...being away for a week with unreliable internet can be the pits. Hope you're having a wonderful week darling! xx Marisa

Katrin said...

They are all really great, I love stuff like that and have to admit that I use band aids with little chicken on it.

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Miki! I love this post! I thought I've seen some quirky bandages but all of these take the cake! I love them all...my fave though...either the What Happened Last Night or the Cynthia Rowley ones. I bought a ring holder that is a cat from fab.com awhile ago...i may not have NEEDED it :)

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Miki! I love this post! I thought I've seen some quirky bandages but all of these take the cake! I love them all...my fave though...either the What Happened Last Night or the Cynthia Rowley ones. I bought a ring holder that is a cat from fab.com awhile ago...i may not have NEEDED it :)

chantilly said...

i never knew there were so many different types of bandaids! i have to say, those cynthia rowley bandaids look pretty awesome. i'd probably wear them around just for show.

thank you for being super sweet, girl. hope you have a lovely day :) x

Hello Naka said...

super cute! i have a pack of hellot kitty abndaids, i love them, it makes me smile when depsite the pain of the wound XD

lisa said...

These are so fun- I wish I would've had cute bandages after I wrecked my bike! I got my brother in law those bacon ones as a gift one year :) I like the idea of making them with fabric too! Too bad I'm a scaredy cat & don't get hurt very often...
To answer your question about my package: There was packing tape over the stamps so the post office considered them void. It sat in the warehouse for 2 months (!) and my mailman ended up finding it & bringing it to me and let me pay the postage. Weird, eh?? So don't put tape over stamps! Thanks for adding my button!!

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Lol the Keep Calm and Carry on Plasters are great!

Daisy Dayz
Cross-Jones-Photography

Meli. said...

no puede ser que hasta las curitas sean tan boniiitas!!!
no las usaria por cosita!!!!! ;D

Kirsten said...

Hurt Couture. I'm dead. Because that's the best thing ever.

I've got to keep an eye out for these. I use them to cover mosquito bites so I won't scratch. And I definitely won't want to waste Band-Aids if they're that cool looking.

Corina said...

Hahaha!
People should think twice before wearing some of them!
Have a nice day :)