navinavi

April 04, 2012

Colorful eggs, bunnies and a bear

Happy midweek, everybody! It is finally getting warmer here in SoCal and I couldn't be happier about it. Bye-bye winter, hello spring! :p Anyway, in today's post I want to show you a little something I've prepared for our adorable nieces, Nathalie and Breanne. Since Easter is round the corner, I thought I could give Amber Lee's idea a try; so this past weekend, I stocked myself with the necessary supplies to be able to send our nieces these Easter eggs.


For this project I used: a hole punch, colorful construction paper, M&M's minis, jumbo plastic eggs, bunny shaped erasers, labels and some pins which you can see in the photo below.


I made confetti with the punch and stuffed it into the eggs together with the chocolate, 2 pins and a bunny.


As for the postage, I stuck a $1.05 stamp + a forever stamp on each egg.


Oh, and the Peep bunnies are available to download at The Paper Mama.


I'm going to drop these eggs in the mail box in the post office near the library  later today. I'll let you know if the girls get them; fingers crossed! :D

So, what's up with the bear I mentioned in the title of this post? Look up; notice anything new on the left corner? Yep! I got a favicon :p. Wanna have one, too? Go check ChiWei's post to learn how to do it; it's a piece of cake. All you need is a square photo ;). I used the pic of my bear bag from one of my buttons.

Have a great day, everyone! ;D

13 comments:

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Hey lady! You're such a crafty little thing. I hope the eggs make it! I'll cross my fingers too :) They are adorable! My mom did non-traditional easter baskets for the grand kids (my brothers kids) she bought little plastic toolboxes for the boys and little plastic make up cases for the girl and put confetti and easter like decor in each of them. It was adorable. Thanks for sharing yours! And your favicon is adorable...I need to update mine!

Chrissy said...

That is such a sweet idea! I hope they get them! Can't wait to find out! Hope your week is going good so far! Hugs xxx

chantilly said...

oh wow... i didn't know you could mail an egg like that? i hope they do get there- what an amazing, sweet present to receive! xoxo

ceci a. said...

Qué pascuas ´más dulces para tus compañeras de la biblioteca! VOs sos dulce Miki!
c.

Kirsten said...

That's such a cute idea! I love all the colors. Easter's definitely got the best color scheme. They're going to love them!

swellmayde said...

this made my heart smile! such a cute idea!!

- aimee
swellmayde

vero said...

jajajaja miki sos lo maaaaaaaaaaaaaas!

LAS LOLITAS said...

Miki qué Pascuas divertidas ;)

Sandy a la Mode said...

such a fun post for easter!!

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Those are amazing! I'm sure they'll be psyched!
Love those cat buttons<3

lisa said...

You're the best aunt! I didn't know you could mail those plastic eggs- crazy! I hop they make it there safe and sound. Have a great weekend Miki!

Coquis said...

Happy Easter Miki, David and family!!
We hope you're having a fantastic day :)
Miki, I love the idea of your post... Fingers crossed so that the girls get them ;)

jessica said...

Beautiful branded bags packing of M&Ms. Easter's definitely got the best color scheme.