navinavi

March 07, 2012

What the heck?!

Kitti cats. When we went to Catalina Island, we left the cats alone. It was just for 2 days, so we left plenty of food and crossed our fingers. We felt a little uneasy leaving them alone, but convinced ourselves they were going to be fine for just 2 days. Of course, something had to happen! Can you believe they were locked outside? :( Their cat door got stuck with David's rabbit foot!!! Apparently, one of the cats played with it, the metal part of the rabbit foot got stuck on one of their magnets on their collar and later got stuck onto the cat door's magnetic system :(. I mean, what are the odds?! They had never played with it before!
The next day, Dante played with it again and it got stuck on his magnet once again, as you can see in the photo below.
The surveillance camera showed they were locked out for 12 hs ... My poor babies! We saw footage of the cats trying to get into the house since 6:30AM till we got home :/.


* Dry clean. My good new winter coat needed to be cleaned. I read the label which said "dry clean", but since we're trying to save money, I decided to put it in the washing machine ... I should've known better! It shrank so much its lining is too big for the outer material :(. 
... And my parents used to own a dry cleaner's! ... The shoemaker's son always goes barefoot.


It's so small now that it reminds me of this skit of Portlandia, haha.


* David. My husband is so rad he thinks I don't spend enough money on myself, haha. I told him, "Well, but we're spending lots on my drugs!" (Legal drugs, people! I'm always sick :/). And he replied, "But I mean fun stuff".

* Timing. We got a Groupon for an annual subscription to Elle magazine. I got March's issue in February and February's issue in March.


* Fortune cookies. I think I'm getting fortunes that were meant for someone else. Either that or fortunes are bs.


* Comments. I occasionally get spam, mostly about Uggs, which I loathe (almost as much as Madonna loathes hydrangeas), but I'd never got a comment as funny as this one.


By the way, if you hate Uggs, too, you might wanna read this article I found via Sabine.

* Books. At the library, i get to see lots of funny titles. Here a couple I saw yesterday.



* Good Mousekeeping. Speaking of odd things I find at the library ... I totally bought this one, haha. 
To people outside America, the name resembles another magazine called Good Housekeeping.





Oh, yes. Seriously. Haha!


Happy Wednesday, everybody! ;D

7 comments:

Bianca J said...

You have such a great sense of humour. I always have a little giggle reading your posts. Such a shame about your coat - I have never had anything dry cleaned and I am always naughty and put my coats in the washing machine. No problems yet (well... apart from the inside lining tearing out). Did you get 'Very Bad Poetry' out from the library?

Chrissy said...

Oh no, they got locked out? What are the odds...I can't believe it!
Hope your week is wonderful, sweetie! xxx

Kirsten said...

Whenever my boyfriend and I get fortune cookies, we always seem to get the one that fits the other to a t.

I laughed out loud at that spam comment. :]

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Seriously you have brightened up my day with the idea of Good Mousekeeping!! Hehehehe that is hilarious! Why oh Why! Yur Dante being stuck outside! That is not so funny. and the fortune cookie never lies! Maybe you should start a shop selling all the fun and silly things you find!
Daisy Dayz

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Are you serious???? Cat Mousekeeping??? I've never seen that...and I am so intrigued by it. I LOVE Morris the cat. I've been searching for some inexpensive aka cheap souvenirs on ebay that are Morris related. What a neat find!
Also I must have read your email to me wrong about the cats getting locked out...i thought they got locked IN the house and couldn't get outside!
Oooh...I need to watch Portlandia. I've heard so many good things about it!
Sorry about your coat...I've done that before too!

Jenna
xoxo

fashion BOOM said...

interesting :-)
cool pics
check out my blog ,maybe we follow each other ,will be great

lisa said...

Good Mousekeeping?! I totally need a subscription! Sorry about your kitties getting locked out. We had something similar happen TWICE- we went out of town and came home to find our girl kitty shut the bedroom door and was stuck in there. She never does that when we're home! Now we prop it open with books and put food in there just in case :)