navinavi

February 06, 2012

Take some love

I'm almost half way through my stack of magazines :); I've decided to keep quite a lot and get rid of the non-so-interesting ones. And I've already started doing things with the scraps; look :):


Yes, I cut words and even letters and keep them all in different envelopes (A through Z, nouns, adjectives, verbs, determiners, phrases, small pictures, photos of clothes). Mind you, I even used to do this when I did have a job. I don't know, to me it feels like "relaxing time"; I enjoy it and find it soothing.

Anyway, I meant to do something like this a long ago for Melissa's series of posts "Spread the love" (here's my take, in case you're curious), but I never got round to doing it till today. I know it's cheesy, but hey, cheesy is my second name after all, haha.

So, these are the supplies I used: a paper cutter, a ruler, a heart stamp, white construction paper, glue, markers and lots of "love", bahaha.


The whole squares are 18cm x 18cm and the semi cut-out strips, 3cm x 10cm.


Erm, of course the point was to put them in public places for people to take. 







I'll check tomorrow or maybe in a couple of days to see if people have grabbed any of them :).

May your week be filled with love! ;D 

Happy Monday, everyone!

15 comments:

Leticia Lipszyc said...

All you need is love!

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Miki! You are a LOVE genius! This is such an amazing idea. I can't wait to read if people tore off the little love tabs. This is magical. Love it!

Chrissy said...

This is so cute! And it is typically you, love it! I would love to come across one of those!!

eli said...

jejee a mí también me produce placer estar con las tijeras cortando papel!
Es una genialidad poner los papeles en la calle!! ya nos contarás qué tal el resultado!!

eli said...

ay sabés qué? voy a linkear este post tuyo en las sugerencias para SV del mío! esto no puede no estar!!

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

This is such a great and original idea! I bet coming across something like that would make anyone instantly happy and excited!


Also, sorry for my super late reply. I do not know where time suddenly went. But your comments really made my day and I was happy to hear you like my blog as well:)

And congrats on the upcoming anniversary!

Hope you had a great weekend!
Laura

ceci said...

Miki
AME tu idea
la amé
la amé
la amé
saco mi papelito desde acá linda!
c.

Lu said...

I have a stoopid amount of magazines piled up - want to come sort mine?!

Corina said...

What a LOVEly idea, Miki!
You're always surprising your followers and people in general :)
I'd LOVE to see what comes up in a few days after you go and check ;)
Have a fantastic week!

his_girl_friday said...

Very sweet!

Gale said...

you know just how to brighten someone's day miki! if i saw this at any of my random day public stops, i would instantly feel just that, LOVE. and from an unknown stranger? my day couldn't go wrong. your love for spreading the love is always inspiring:)

vero mariani said...

SOS LO MAS! siempre amé esos papelitos pero nunca agarré nada proque no quería médico, ni clases de inglés a domicilio. DEFINITIVAMENTE agarraría uno de los tuyos miki!!!! you rock!

muaaaaaaaaa

Nena Nadine said...

That is so much fun. I would love to come upon one of your inspiring messages.

lisa said...

This is so sweet! What a clever idea to brighten someone's day! Plus you are such a rockstar for organizing all your magazines like that. It would be so helpful to have everything handy but I don't know if I could make myself do it :)

Katie said...

LOL! That horse one had me cracking up, ! So cute! What a great idea :)