navinavi

February 14, 2012

Funny stuff

* The word shenanigans. And douche bag. Oh, and hosiery!

* Dry shampoo. I've been hearing wonders about it and I'm curious to try it. My hair is in very bad condition, probably because I wash it pretty much every day. At the same time, though, the concept of not using water seems gross. I mean, after running on the treadmill, I wanna rush to the shower to wash it so that it smells good and feels clean again.


* The beggar at the bus stop who's always asking for quarters and when you tell him you don't have any, he replies, "How about a dollar?"

* The fact that my teeth don't fit in my mouth, so when I smile, I look weird, like this, as if a tooth were missing.
I was chopping onions and they made me cry like never before, that's why I'm holding tissue paper, ha.



*  Sheldon Cooper. God, I wish I could just say, "That doesn't interest me" without guilt.

* The fact that there is a music genre called shoegaze.

* How I can never find the sock (it's always just one!) I lose underneath the sheets till Sunday, when we do laundry.

* When David talks in his sleep; that is very funny. He has even said things in Spanish.

* Cats in tuxedos, like Dante. Or, wait, just cats - period :p.

* Me running on the treadmill. I've never seen myself as I'm running, but I can picture that being hilarious.

(I am not going to mention Portlandia. OK, I just did :/. Not embedding the video, though. Miranda July was in episode 6 :p)

* SNL's impression of Zooey Deschanel in this sketch, bahaha! David said, "I'm glad other people notice she does that thing with her eyes!" Michael Cera's impression was pretty funny, too. On the other hand, I didn't buy any of the characters impersonated by Zooey; she looked stiff, kind of rusty; agree? New Girl isn't working for me, either; and I love Zooey.

 

 And next week’s guests are “Chloë Sevigny and an American Girl doll”, hahaha!

What about you? What things do you find funny? Please, do share! ;P

Hope you're having a great day! ;D

9 comments:

ceci said...

Jajajja
jajaja
gatos con taxidos ?? jajajaj
me hiciste réir Miki!
Y no, yo me lavo la cabeza todos los días con agua clorada de Capital federal y no me importa nada, no me vengan con ninguna otra propuesta loca.
Je.-
Un besote!
c.

lisa said...

Oh my God! That is the funniest skit ever! I love Zooey and Michael Cera :) I might have to steal this and post it too... I bought some dry shampoo and I love it! I don't use it often, but it comes in handy when I don't have time for a hairstyle. But I'm an every-other-day hair washer anyway. Have a great day Miki!

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

First of all...I wish we lived closer too!!! That would be pretty fabulous : )

Secondly...I completely agree with you about Zooey's less than stellar performance on SNL. I really had high hopes for it. But it was lacking something...
The skit you posted though was HILARIOUS though!! Or maybe it seemed super funny because the rest wasn't really funny. Who knows!

This post is absolutely hilarious Miki...I read it at work and had to stop because I was laughing out loud!
I'm glad you clarified why you were holding tissue paper because that could've been a somewhat confusing photo! :p
Also I use dry shampoo about every other day. Since going red I have to do everything I can to keep the color! I used to wash my hair every single day too until I started using Pssst dry shampoo. Apparently it's one of the original dry shampoos. I like it though.

Okay...I'll shut up now!

Hugs and kisses to you and the kitties! xo

Hello Naka said...

i love dry shampoo :3 hate cutting up onions and crying i normally stick a metal spoonin my mouth and it stops me crying :p

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

I recently bought a dry shampoo and I have to say, it does work. Unfortunately I was to lazy to blow dry the remains out, so it looked a tad bit...well, grey.

Oh, yes! I wish I could do that too. As nervewracking as Sheldon's life probably is, it does have some advantages;)

P.S. I love that you have a work out video-playlist. I do have a playlist on my mp3, but it's just songs.

chantilly said...

honestly, i only wash my hair every other day, and my bangs get pretty greasy. dry shampoo has been a lifesaver for this!

Corina said...

Hi Miki,
I think I told you once I find Jim Carrey really funny - almost whatever he does makes me laugh :)
Smart humor also makes me laugh - Jim's is not always "smart", you know? :)
Last but not least, lil Fiammi makes me laugh all the time :D I couldn't be prouder of her! haha
Have a nice day!

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

i kind of love dry shampoo. there's lots of different kinds, and it works best for me when i want to sleep in and i had showered the day before.

stringsandbuttons said...

This is pretty funny and I TOTALLY hear ya about that one damned sock. By Sunday, I end up finding one pink one, one yellow one, one black one. And the story never ends. As for dry shampoo, I've tried it on my bangs before and it can be useful for that purpose. Wouldn't use it after the gym though. I got too much hair for that ! lol. Thanks for sharing xo