navinavi

January 16, 2012

My new mood board

First and foremost, I want to shout out a big thank you to Ceci and Heike for their sweet words today ;); they mean a lot to me. And given that spirits are up again, I thought I could sneak in another (happier) post today.


Yesterday, I changed my mood board from this to this:


I'm tired of dark and cold hues; and I'm already longing for warmer days, so pink felt just right. Not very "manly" maybe, but David didn't seem to mind :p.

It's not as pretty as I'd pictured it, but includes some of my favorite things ... cats (real ones and not-so-real ones) ...


In all fairness, I have to say that Jenna rocks that kitty pose better than Chloe Sevigny! :P You don't believe me? Check the last photo in the link to her blog!


Books, cupcakes and pretty scents ...


On my board you'll also find a pretty rad fortune we got yesterday at the Chinese take-out ...


Some of my favorite clothing stores from Argentina ...


And one of my favorite vintage stores in Melrose Ave.


Since we're trying to save for a short trip, I thought it'd be good to include photos of suitcases.


Last but not least, this time I left room for a shopping list, since that's the original purpose of the whiteboard, ha.


Another mood uplifter has been what's probably my very favorite song by The Like. I so wanna see this band live! Speaking of concerts, tickets to Coachella sold out immediately! Even before we could see if we could afford them, boo! So, I guess that we won't be seeing Pulp, Arctic Monkeys or Radiohead this year :/ ... So, that's that.


And before I leave, here's a pretty and optimistic video ;).



Hope you've started the week with a smile!

12 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this so much glad we both are having a better week!!!

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Do you know I read your earlier post today and because I was at work, I made a calendar reminder to send you an email to respond to your post!! Then...my phone died after work. : ( I hope you are feeling better lady. You're too pretty to be so unhappy! I LOVE your board...the colors are so pretty and soothing.

You and Chantilly crack me up with my "pose"...I didn't even realize it until I read it twice today that I even did it that often. Then I went back to look at the photos I took today for an outfit post that I did it AGAIN! Oh no! :p

You're the BEST darlin', I really hope things are looking up, email me anytime if you want to chat! xo

Jordie said...

Wow! This looks amazing.. very inspiring for me to make one too! x

Courtney said...

Love this idea! I think I'll create one myself :)

chaseallyourdreams.blogspot.com

Mary said...

It's so amazing how you take so much time and take pride in your mood whiteboard. That's nice. I have a white board...somewhere. Maybe I should dust it off and create something lovely like this :)

Mary From Meowwzie.blogspot.com

chantilly said...

i'm glad to see you're feeling better. i saw your last post this morning, but had to leave before i could comment. you're such a sweetheart miki. i only want happiness and rainbows for you :) + i love your mood board <3

vero mariani said...

qué lindo que está!!! y me encanta la explicación de cada sector, sos muy lo más! ahora voy a leer el post anterior...

Heike said...

I am glad that you feel better! <3
Have a wonderful week!
BIG HUG
Heike

lissa said...

great board. I like all that pink, very cheerful. & that 'I'm gonna make it better' video is so creative.

ceci said...

Miki, qué bueno saber que hoy estás de mejor humor. Esa es la actitud. ACTITUD: todo se resume en eso! Con tu inteligencia, tu bondad y luz, vas a ver que ls buenas noticias no van a llegar de tan lejos, si no que van a venir de bien cerca y pronto!
Un beso enormeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Rosie said...

so cute!
btw, i want your camera ;)
Rosie xo

Corina said...

What a nice mood board!
It's good to know you're (or were) in a better mood, since all your followers want to see you happy :)
Cool work!