navinavi

January 18, 2012

Giving and receiving

I had a totally different post planned for today, but since I found our mailbox full with stuff when I got back from the library, I changed my mind the last minute.

I'll start with "receiving". After a few days without getting any mail at all (not even junk!), today we got a lot of envelopes and packages :D. I got an unexpected letter from my aunt :p and a couple of goodies I was indeed expecting.

A while back, over at Selective Potential, I was awarded a gift certificate from InPink. The first 40 (!) people to comment in one of Tieka's posts got a $40 gift card; and yes, I was one of the lucky ladies!



I chose to get a silver cuff I had my eye on for a while and a necklace.



I also got a lovely vintage dress I won in an auction at E-Bay for really cheap :). It looks big, but I've just tried it on and I look even fatter in it, haha, so I'll have to wait to start wearing it; hopefully, I'll be able to in summer! ;)



This is way overdue :( ... These are the goodies that I won at Jenna's blog. She was sooo sweet, she sent the prizes to all the people who took part in her giveaway!!! Isn't she amazing? If you haven't met her yet, go say hi! She'll melt your heart :). 

Sorry, I didn't post this sooner, Jenna! :( Oh, and needless to say, Dante and Dimitri love their toys, hehe :P.


One last thing under receiving (or both, actually)! Tonight I'm having a meeting and dinner at a restaurant with the people from the library; all the volunteers were invited to eat out. It's nice to be rewarded for all the time and effort we put there :). I'll see if I can snap a photo or two and then share them here with you.

OK, time for the "giving" part! ;) It needs a brief explanation: yesterday, I ran into a status on Facebook that reads as follows:

Pay it forward 2012...I promise to make something handmade for the first five people who comment. They must in turn post this and make something for the first five people who comment on their status. The rules are it must be made by you and they must receive it before 2013. It can be as simple as making a friend a cup of coffee♥

I thought it was a cool idea and decided to join in. So far, only one person has commented on my Facebook status, so that leaves space for 4 more people, and that's when you can get involved! If you've made it this far and are interested in getting a little something I'll make (and probably something not made by me, too :p), leave a comment here telling me so and the first 4 people to do it will get that little something. Of course, the point is that you keep this going and give 5 people something you make, too (on Facebook or Blogger).

Remember that you have to tell me you want to be a part of it, ok? ;) Oh, and it doesn't matter what part of the world you're in; I'll send the packages anywhere.

Hope you're all having a great week! ;D

Hugs!  

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this!!!! I am interested for sure :)

Heike said...

I am in it to win it! :)

Meli. said...

hoooo cuantas cosas hermosas!!!! recibir paquetes es como un navidad!!!!!! :)
de verdad? un regalo puede ser mío??? que decirte, vivís en la tierra prometida, completamente desconocida para mí... y llena de ideas!!
cualquier cosa que salga de tu cabeza con especial dedicación, es digna de ser elogiada!!
siempre sos tan original! ojalá pueda recibir algo, y seguir la cadena!

besoooos!

ceci said...

Esaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Viste que la racha se da vuelta!
Sí: sos una lucky lady.
Besotes Miki!

lissa said...

great idea on the pay it forward. though I'll probably skip it. I have trouble even making one item for people, talk about 5.

I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't have facebook. and that's probably not going change anytime soon.

Heike said...

I have no facebook either!