navinavi

December 15, 2011

Inspiration: Samaire Armstrong

What 4 names come to your mind when you think of a girl's style crush? That is correct: Chloe, Alexa, Tennessee and Zooey. No need to write their last names, right? Yes, I didn't think so. Well, I'm not going to lie and tell you that I never peek at what these ladies are wearing, because I do; however, today I want to share one of my not-so-popular style crushes.

You probably remember Samaire Armstrong as Anna Stern in the show The OC. She was supposed to be in only one episode, but she won the viewers' heart right away. She was certainly my favorite character and I loved to see what she wore each episode. Especially because she styled her own outfits, even with clothes she made herself.



She used to own Naru, her clothing line with only one store in Hawaii. I love her quirky and playful style and the way she rocks short hair.

 12

 34

 56

 78
   
With a Gaelic name and a Japanese birth certificate (yes, she was born in Japan), a short stint in Entourage and Dirty, Sexy, Money, Samaire has managed to star a few movies (Remember It's a Boy Girl Thing?) and music videos (Hanson's Penny and Me and Daniel's Powter's Bad Day). She might not be the greatest actress out there, but I love the fact that you can recognize her own style in most of her characters.


What are your style crushes?

Hope you're all having a great week! ;D 

5 comments:

Debbie No Está ® said...

Hola Miki! mil gracias por el comentario! al final arreglé lo de seguir gente, era cuestion de poner el nuevo blogger nomas, soy una gila.

creo que a nadie le queda mejor el pelo corto que a esta chica.

besote!

mari said...

Heyy que lindo post! Ella me encanta, y la remataste con la canción de Daniel Powter que es un temón, y que seguramente en un bad day, te saca más de una sonrisa! Un besote

Audrey (hkittygirl) said...

You're right! She does have great hair!

Bimba Ropa Vintage said...

no conocia esta chica, muy extravagante su look, like it!

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

i was watching freaks and geeks the other day, and she is in it and plays a 'dead head', someone who is into the grateful dead!