navinavi

December 29, 2011

In retrospect

It is that time of the year when we start looking back to see what we have accomplished, what projects we've left halfway through, what mistakes we've made. I don't usually focus too much on the past, but as most of you know, this has been a very special year in my life, so this time, I want to reflect a little on everything that's happened.

* On February 1st, I took a plane to move to California. Saying my goodbies wasn't easy, but with all the happy moments that my future was holding, I honestly left Buenos Aires with a smile. I was very scared for Dimitri's journey ... Oh, my! It was so stressful to know that little guy was struggling in a cage for over 17 hours! :( But I'm so thankful for his safe trip! I can't imagine my life here without him. I know, he's just a cat, but he means so much to me! 


* Later that month David and I got married :D. It was just us and Anthony, one of David's friends; no other friends or relatives, no wedding reception or white dress. And it was still amazing. I'll cherish that day forever. And married life has been, how can I put it? So less complicated than most people want everybody to believe! I know, I know, it's just been 10 months, but so far, we haven't had a fight and living with my better half has proven to be even better than I had expected.



* Since then, we've visited a lot of places :).







Pasadena ... Just to mention a few.

* I started volunteering at the library.


* I learned how to play Monopoly and Uno.


* We played mini golf, too.


* We went to see the taping of an episode of The Big Bang Theory.




* I rode at horse ... Well, kind of.


* I baked cookies for the very first time.


* I ate a lot of new food ... Too much, actually.


* We went to concerts.


* We also went to vintage stores.


* We met my friend Cris in person on his wedding day.


We did so many things! I'm so lucky to have had the chance to come here and start a new life with my better half! I'm happy about all the things we've done this year and can't wait to experiment more and see new places in 2012 ;D. I have the feeling this is going to be a great year!

What have been the highlights of your year? And what are you most looking forward to in 2012? ;D

Hope you're all getting ready to say goodbye to 2011!

8 comments:

the nyanzi report said...

good stuff.

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Oh my goodness! What a great recap of 2011! Without a doubt you have had quite the journey the last year. I'm so glad Dimitri was able to come to CA with you. I can't imagine moving so far away from home without my little furry ones. You and your hubby are so darn cute together. I'm so happy for you and all the things that have made you smile the last year :)

Carrie said...

looks like 2011 was a great adventure for you I hope 2012 is just as great!

Carrie

Chrissy said...

What a wonderful recap! Oh, I remember how exciting everything was and now the year is coming to an end and it's been almost a year since you left Buenos Aires! Wishing you and your hubby all the best for 2012! May it be an even better year and I hope you find a wonderful job! Hugs xxx

ceci said...

Hi MikiiiI! Couldn t wait till I read your blog! I mmissed you! And it was so great to find your post! You seem very happy! I make a toast on that and hope that your 2012 will be even better that your 2011. You seem to be a person full of love, and thats for sure your best treasure.
My best wishes for you, David and Dimitri!
c.

chantilly said...

the highlights of my year-

~ making a new record
~ setting up a kickstarter
~ cmj
~ meeting all my new, amazing irl friends
~ "meeting" so many awesome bloggers and forming wonderful relationships with them
~ growing my blog :)


i think you win though... moving to a new country for love... :swoon: :D

Coquis said...

Hi Miki,
Sorry for having visited you for a while but, as you probably know, I'm enjoying my busy holidays, which are definitely a highlight both in 2011 and 2012 :)
I'm so glad you have so many things to be happy about because you deserve them.
On New Year's Eve I'll make a toast to our friendship hoping to meet you in person somewhere soon.
Greetings to you and your lovely husband!

GS said...

Qué buena retrospectiva y hermosas fotos!! :) Les deseo un muy feliz 2012!!