navinavi

November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving and Black Friday adventures

Hello, everybody! I feel as if I hadn't been here in like forever. I have to catch up with all of your blogs, but before I do, here's a glimpse at what we did on Thanksgiving and Black Friday :p.


On Thanksgiving we went to San Diego to spend the day with David's aunt's family. I finally tried turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie! :)



As for Black Friday, we didn't wake up early or have anything in mind, but we did check out some stores. Our most amazing find was these knobs from Anthropologie! We had seen them before but at $10 a piece, there was no way we would've bought them. On Friday, we found them at $2.50 each plus a 25% discount on that! :D This store didn't have the number of knobs we need for our night stands and dresser, but they're going to send the rest from a different store ... free shipping!


We also bought a couple of gifts there; this is the only one I can show you now ;).


We later got these comfy booties at Payless Shoes for $22; I really needed a pair of shoes :p.


I also got this dress online for less that $25 and free shipping. I can't wait for it to arrive!


We were going to check out a garage opener that was half the price that day at The Home Depot, but we got a flat tire on the freeway :/, bummer! Fortunately, we could park at a gas station and AAA arrived in no time. We're using the spare tire now, so we can't go far from home,  but at least we can get by locally.

Oh, before I leave this post, I'd like to show you one of my in-laws' neighbors' Christmas decorations. I say he's gone pretty nuts with putting up lights in the garden, look! Haha.





Have you put up your Christmas tree yet (if you celebrate Christmas, that is)?
In Argentina, traditionally, we put it up on December 8th, but I've noticed most people here do it way before.

So, how did you spend Thanksgiving?
And have you found any great deals on Black Friday?

Hope you're all doing great! ;D

5 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like you had a lovely Thanksgiving! I love getting deals & you scored some neat stuff :)

We're actually going to get our tree today. This is the earliest we have ever gotten it! Tree shopping after we see the Muppet movie!! ;)

Laura

.sabo skirt. said...

We love those boots! So pretty!

Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

chantilly said...

glad you had a great thanksgiving, miki, and that you got to try pumpkin pie! (delicious isn't it?) that dress looks awesome! you're going to be lovely in it.

hugs and kisses, girl!

Chrissy said...

Ah, those are some wonderful finds! Love the knobs and that you got such an amazing deal on them, and those booties plus that gorgeosu dress - I bet you will look fabulous in it!
Happy Monday xxx

Corina said...

Hey MIki! What a cool post :)
It seems you've had a great time lately. As for your question, we haven't put up the tree yet and I really doubt it whether we'll do it being the trip so close. Anyways, we were told Santa may meet us in Germany, so that's really cool, isn't it?
The Christmas decoration in the last photos is just gorgeous!
Keep smiling :)