navinavi

November 17, 2011

Happy birthday, Honey Bear!

Yesterday it was David's birthday. It was our very first birthday together :p (In case you're new here, we had a long distance relationship for 3 years and 3 months until I moved here from Argentina). It's been and it will be a year of a lot of first celebrations together (first Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's). 


Since I'm still jobless, I couldn't buy him a birthday present :(. I mean, I could have used the credit card, but I don't know, I didn't feel right doing it. I still wanted to give him a little something, so I had to manage with what I had at home.


I wrote him a card, of course :), stuck those 3 colorful naughty post it notes, hehe ...


... I had these 2 heart shaped boxes from Valentine's Day, so I used them to put some fortunes. I put one heart on his pillow and the other one in his backpack (he must have found it this morning at work).


I also made a checkbook with construction paper, hehe :p. He can cash the checks whenever he wants to skip chores, be cuddled and stuff like that ;p.


And I also gave him a children's Star Wars book as a joke :p.



He found this when we got home after a small family party at my mother-in-law's house :). She bought lots of stuff, including a delicious 3 leches cake. It looked like a child's birthday party, hehe.




Happy birthday, Honey Bear! Thank you for being so sweet to me and for making me a better person. I love you more than words can express! <3

Happy Thursday, everybody!

Hope you're getting ready for the weekend! ;D 
 

12 comments:

Chrissy said...

Aw, what a sweet post! Happy Birthday to your wonderful hubby! xxx

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Happy Birthday to David! Aka your Honey Bear :) So cute! You did an amazing job with everything you made! It's so exciting celebrating "firsts" like you guys are doing with holidays/birthdays!

Lauren Glossary said...

Ah that is so awesome, he must have been thrilled. Happy birthday David! And here's to you guys celebrating many more together x

chantilly said...

this is so thoughtful. you are so creative, miki! i love the idea of writing on the mirror, so that it's the first thing he sees when he wakes up. so cute!! happy birthday david :)

Michelle Clement said...

Aaw - happy birthday to him! :) I hope you guys had an awesome day!!

Carrie said...

awe what great presents!!!!! I hope ya'll had a great day

Carrie

laura said...

Miki, you are so sweet! I love all these ideas-- they're so darling! And that cake looks so super delicious!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Courtney said...

Yay! Happy Birthday David. Your are such a cutie and so sweet to do all that for him. Hope you've been feeling much better Miki!

ceci said...

Mikiiii! Sos tan TAn dulce! Esa torta, esos banderines, esas cajitas, esos cupones! Yo para el cumple de Pablo le regalé un pullover bastante caro, pero lo sentía muy frpio, entonces le armé unos mipones, que eraun cuponera de sus mimos preferidos a canjear cuando quisiera.. jejej. Era muuucho pero mucho menos voistosa y prolijita que la tuya! Sos una diosa, seguro David murió al ver todo eso. Ahora ya sabe por qué tenía que pasarsus cumples con vos! =) Un beso grande, buen fin de semana!

Corina said...

Happy Birthday, David!
You must have been very surprised by Miki's creative ideas... Good on you!
Miki, you're greater everyday at surprising and showing creativity at its best. Congrats!
I wish you both a fantastic weekend :)

Heike said...

H A P P Y H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y

Devi Pope said...

Wow! Thank you all for the birthday wishes! And thank you, Miki, most of all for being so amazing. It's gonna be hard to top this when yours comes around. I should get started on it NOW! Hehe! I love you!