navinavi

November 30, 2011

DIY: Christmas ornaments

Hello, everybody! Are you ready to put up your Christmas tree, yet? I was going to wait till December 8th, since that's when we start putting up the Christmas decorations in Argentina, but I think we might start preparing everything this very weekend. Today I embellished some transparent balls, so I thought I could share the process with you through a very simple DIY. This is a no-brainer, really; but anyway, here it goes! :p


The tree that we bought is kind of small, so I bought small balls, too. I wanted transparent ones, but they only came in big sizes :/. I got these ones instead, which are ok, but have a pearled shade I don't like much.
 
So, these are the materials I used:


- Transparent Christmas balls.
- 2 bags of 10mm pom poms.
- 1 bag of 5 mm pom poms.
- Colorful construction paper.
- A shredder.
- A hole punch.
- A bow craft punch.

I bought the balls, the bow punch and the pom poms at Michaels. And I'm pretty sure you can find everything at Walmart, too.

First off, you need to remove the metal tops off the balls, which can be done without trouble ;).


And then fill them up with whatever you want! 


I tried different combinations. I filled one ball with red and green pom poms, I mixed a couple with both big and small pom poms and then I filled one with only white pom poms. 




I filled the rest of the balls with bows ...


Shreds of paper ...


And paper dots (that I made with the hole punch).


Putting the metal top back is a piece of cake :p.



Hope you liked the idea! ;)

Happy midweek, folks! ;D

10 comments:

Heike said...

I can't wait to see the tree with these ornaments in it!
Have fun decorating!

Luli said...

Adoro este blog y todos sus colores.

Courtney said...

Miki!!! You are MORE than delightful. Thank you so much for the thoughtful package of piano Christmas music to play with. You seriously made my whole week! And I LOVE this ornament decor idea. Super fun and colorful!

Carrie said...

these are super cute I love the colors!

I hope you are having a fabulous week too

Carrie

chantilly said...

what a fun idea!! i *love* the ones with bows!

Chrissy said...

Aw, they are so cute! What a gorgeous idea! xxx

Bimba Ropa Vintage said...

love the idea!!

Prima Humberta said...

Que buenos esos adornos Miki!!! Justo ayer fui a comprar bolitas de fieltro pero no encontré! como bien recordarás no es fácil encontrar elemento para craft en Argentina :(

Beso Miki! a esperar el 8 como corresponde! ;-)

J

Corina said...

Hi Miki!
I don't like the idea... I LOVE IT!
The ornaments look gorgeous and the process seems really fun! Great work!!
I wish you a fantastic day!

Betsy said...

These are so cute! I especially like the paper confetti one. :)