Some of the things I miss the most about Buenos Aires are:- its European architecture. Cookie cutter homes don't exist there; every house is different and you see different styles depending on the neighborhood. Some of them remain the same from colonial times.
- There's something special about family circles; most families cherish spending time with each other and usually gather to drink mate and have lunch or dinner together. I guess this is a trait of our Italian heritage. Btw, I'm not saying this does not happen here in America, it just feels different because, well, my family is not here, haha.
- Cafes and tea houses! Oooh, I miss them so much! Indie food businesses are abundant and way better than chains!
Photos by Ana Armendariz
Photos by Flaneur
Some things I'm looking forward to doing here are:
- experiencing autumn this time of the year (it's spring now in Argentina) and learning more about all the different activities connected with this season and Halloween. People are picking their own pumpkins in pumpkin patches and going to corn mazes right now!
- Visiting more places I've never seen before and seeing snow :). We're planning to go to Big Bear again; there's lots of snow there in winter.
- Eating autumn and winter food I haven't tried yet :p.
Have a great week, everybody!
Except for the 2 jerks who sprayed Dante with a fire extinguisher yesterday! :(