Hello, folks! Hope you've all started the week off with a big smile! It's Columbus Day here, so I've been home all day. David, on the contrary, had to go to work. Honestly, I'd planned to spend this day more actively than I actually am :/, which makes me ask myself the following question: Why can't I ever seem to manage time wisely? I'm jobless, so I have all the time in the world to do whatever I want. And yet, I don't seem to make the most of it. I hate being a procrastinator and I'm planning to change that.
Since it's not so easy to change a lifelong attitude (at least not to someone like me), I've come up with some goals or guidelines in order to help myself do a better job at managing my time. Does any of you have the same problem, by the way?
* Set at least a goal a day. Write it down in my journal the day before. It doesn't have to something great, just something productive.
* Turn on the computer only twice a day. I tend to constantly check blogs, e-mails and pin pictures on Pinterest. I figured it'd be a good idea to only use the computer twice a day and set a time limit.
This excludes using the computer to look for work and complete assignments for the online curse I'm currently taking.
* Turn on the TV only to watch the programs I really care for. Play music or the radio for background noise instead of having the TV on; I easily get distracted by it :/.
* Do not get involved in unnecessary activities that end up becoming chores.
* Write down everything I eat. I know this doesn't look like it belongs in the list, but I've noticed that when I'm unhappy with what I eat (i.e. when I get that feeling right after I know I've eaten too much; maybe you've had it too?), I feel even worse about myself, which leads to a negative attitude and procrastination.
* Reward myself when I meet the goals I've set. It doesn't have to be something great, just something I enjoy.
* Try to work out at least 3 times a week. I used to stick to this schedule but when I got sick 2 weeks ago, I stopped this routine and haven't cared to jump on the treadmill again. I believe that exercising will make me feel better, which in turn will bring more energy to my body and a better attitude.
Do you have any other tips I can use? ;)
Have you ever felt like a total procrastinator?
Hope you all have an amazing week! :D