navinavi

October 30, 2011

Contrasts: candy

This weekend, David and I went out for a meal and to the movies to see Puss in Boots. We had been craving candy for a while, so right before we went into the movie theater, we grabbed some colorful candy at Sweet Factory. (Yes, we sneaked candy we bought outside the theater)


First off, it was a rip off! We're never ever going to buy sweets there again. I won't tell you how much we spent for these 2 bags, because it's embarrassing :/. We had no idea it was going to be so expensive.


The good thing about this store, though, is that you can grab assorted sweets and choose the colors you like, hehe :p. This was my chance to try candy I'd never tried before.


From the bugs, I think I prefer the gummy worms. The rat is too hard to bite and chew, haha. The centipedes are cool, too.


This was my first time eating jelly beans; I really like them, especially the red ones, yum!


I grabbed one sour belt because I like the fact that it looks like bacon :p. I only bit it and left it; not my taste.


The classic gummy bears :p. I didn't know they made baby bears, too! Cute! By the way, this store also sells giant gummy bears.


I really love these chocolate rocks; they're swell!


I also enjoyed these chocolate + mint treats even though I'm not big on mint.


I grabbed several sprees because David had told me they were really good, but I find them too sour.


Last but not least, here's a jawbreaker. I still haven't tried it, it looks scary, haha.


Well, I guess this is a proper post on the eve of Halloween, right? ;p

Do you like colorful candy? What's your ultimate favorite sweet treat? 

Hope you have a great week! ;D

10 comments:

chantilly said...

mmmm, jelly bellys are the *only* kind of jelly beans i will eat. i miss gummi worms!!

Carrie said...

I love jelly beans the red ones are my favorite too! I am glad you are getting into the Halloween spirit!!!

Carrie

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Ewww! That candy rat is sooooo weird! I'm glad you got a chance to try so many different kinds of candy...yum! I love hot tamales, starbursts, and whoppers. Those are my go to movie candies. : )

babalisme said...

cavities cavities... Yaa agreed with Jenna, that rat one is disgusting! It's like a lab rat gone wrong!

vero mariani said...

jajaajja me diste ganas de justificarme y tener cariessssssssssssssss!!! jajaj! sos lo más miki! muy buena semana :)

Heike said...

How did you like the movie. We watched it too and thought it was just OK. Love the colorful candy! *hugs*

Corina said...

What a colorful post!
I can't believe the "jawbreaker"! OMG!!
Choosing my fav sweet treat could be one of the most difficult decisions ever, so I'll think about it ;)

ceci a. said...

ay miki too much casi muero con tanta azucar y tanto color! qué divertidooo!

Meli. said...

morirìa por teletransportarme ya mismo con vos y comer todas esas golosinas!! que riiiiiicooooooo!!!!!

Jamie said...

Miki I love this post! How fun for you to try all of those new candies that are so "normal" to me! I tell you this a lot, but I love following your blog! =] Jawbreakers aren't TOO scary. Just take your time with it, and they're meant to be licked, not bit. ;)

I love almost all candy! I don't really like anything coconut flavored though!