navinavi

October 11, 2011

10 signs that show you're spending too much time in front of your computer

You know you're spending too much time in front of your computer when:

1.- you suddenly find yourself with your mouth open. 


2.- Your right hand (if you're right-handed) starts getting numb due to the use of the mouse or touch pad.

3.- There are too many glasses, cups and napkins on the table next to you.

4.- Or you go to the kitchen to make some tea and realize you still haven't done the dishes.


5.- You shuffle your song playlist for background noise and realize you've listened to some of the songs already.


6.- You notice you've added like 20 pins on Pinterest or 20 items in your virtual wishlist.


7.- Your desktop has 2 or 3 new folders with pics and docs for later blog posts.

8.- You start browsing blogs faster because you know you've wasted enough time already and this makes you feel less guilty (or like you're saving time).

9.- You come to the conclusion that it's too late to run on the treadmill or do something profitable.

10.- You feel like sh*t because you've failed to check off items in your to-do list.


Ok, I'm off to study now!
Hope you're making the most of your time ;). 

And hey! Before you turn off your computer, go check Chantilly's blog; I'm guest posting there today! ;p

10 comments:

Carrie said...

lol that is all so true :)

lissa said...

# 5, 8 & 9, 10 that's me - I think it's more like being online than on the computer itself - the internet is quite a time killer. I suppose if one to waste time, it might as well be on the computer instead of doing something destructive.

hope you have a sweet day.

Eli said...

Ugh these are all me. I blog, I do a lot of my work for work online, and I go to school online. I CANT get away from the computer!

Chrissy said...

Love it and everything is true! haha

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

Hehe...too funny! One that makes my list of I spend too much time on the internet is - my cats start biting me because they aren't getting attention OR my other half gets whiny because he isn't getting any attention either :p

Isi, Wake up & smell the azahar said...

Funny , but absolutely true. I'm currently on laptop detoxification, so I'm trying to use it only after studying & do other thing on my to-do list. It have worked for three days now.

ceci a. said...

one by one: true true and... true!!!

Mamushka Marie said...

haha! oh boy i am guilty of ALL of these at one time or another...especially the pinterest one lately! :) of course i'm adding you to my blogroll by the way, i love your blog! xo!
Claire

chantilly said...

"you suddenly find yourself with your mouth open." hahahaha......

vero mariani said...

JAJAAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJAJAJAJA yo me rodeo con tazas y servilletas! es un bunker! (el martes estuve literal desde las 7.30 hasta laa 23.30.... enchufada, laburando....). SHOOT ME PLEASE!