navinavi

September 12, 2011

Odds and ends

Hello, everybody! How have you been? :p. This week has been quite important paperwork-wise; we had our final interview at a government office and I finally got my permanent residency here in the States! :D Well, actually, that's what we had thought ... I still need to submit more forms in 2 years to complete the red tape and get my permanent residency for real. I actually got my temporary residency now which allows me to do more things than I used to. However, they took my work permit away!? :/ I need to wait until I get a package from the government to be able to apply for a job again ...

Anyway, it's good to know we're settled for the time being ;). On to some pictures now!

I finally got a collar I'd ordered 2 weeks ago :p. It's going to give a facelift to the pieces of clothing already existing in my wardrobe, which is awesome given that we can't go on a shopping spree right now.





This weekend we went to Anthropologie and got lots of inspiration! We want to make our house look more like us, so we're slowly going to make some decor changes. We're going to start by putting wallpaper in the bathroom, wanna see which one we've chosen? ;) I love it! Can't wait to see the bathroom walls covered with all these little animals :)!


We also went for a ride and bought our 6 year-old niece a birthday present. We drove by these old signs; Route 66 is now Foothill Ave.



 The rest of the weekend consisted of relaxing, eating and watching TV. How about yours? ;)

Hope you all start the week with a smile! ;D 

12 comments:

Scorpio78 said...

Jah! They know how to make it hard. So complicated.
Well, see it on a brighter side, it is all becoming closer; I mean, the more things you do, the less tasks you have left to do.
Uuff! I hope I wasn't too complicated myself.

Laura said...

Congratulations on finishing another round of government paperwork. You are closer than you were to finalizing everything so that is good!

Can't believe it's Monday already. The weekends go by too fast! :/

Have a great week!

Laura :)

Jenna (SewSavoirFaire) said...

I LOVE the wallpaper! Have you ever put wallpaper up before? I haven't...I would like to though...I'd love to know how it goes! Your fancy new collar is too cute! It really does change the look of an outfit doesn't it?
You are doing such an awesome job practicing patience with all the government mumbo jumbo...I'm glad you're getting closer to being a full blown resident!

Lindsey said...

Congrats on getting your temporary residency! Two years will be here before you know it. Though I don't understand why they took your work permit away :[

I want that Polly Pocket toy for myself haha.

Courtney said...

Congrats on the residency progress you're making. Hopefully your work permit will come soon! I LOVE the wallpaper idea. Sounds like a blast and it's gonna give the room so much character. Your weekend looks like it was wonderful.

Jamie said...

I'm glad everything is working out for you! Dealing with all that government stuff would be such a chore! And oh my gosh, Polly Pocket!! Those were my favorite when I was young- good choice! =]

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Congrats on your residency! I hope you sort out the work permit soon. I love your new collar and awesome wallpaper - both are adorable.

Corina said...

Congratulations on the good news!!
You'll finally beat them ;) haha
I love the paper you've chosen and the collar :) They are both your style!
Our weekend was very nice and relaxing and today I'm not working (because it was teacher's day yesterday) so I cannot complain :)
Enjoy the week, Miki and Dave!

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

i used to be obsessed with polly pockets. and i love that collar! and i can't wait to see what you do to your house!

chantilly said...

i love the collar!! i've been wanting one for a long time, too.

i was kinda obsessed with anthropologie for awhile... i had to stop :P i love that wallpaper though! it's gonna look so cute in your bathroom.

xx

lissa said...

I didn't realize you have to go through all those things just to live somewhere else.

good luck!

georgia b. said...

your blog is so fun and colorful. very whimsical. LOVE it!

you seem to really enjoy life... it just comes out in your blog posts. that's very awesome!