navinavi

August 06, 2011

Guest post by Corina

Happy Saturday, everyone! Today I'm honored to have my great friend Corina as a guest blogger here. I honestly have no words to describe what an amazing friend she is. She's been there for me through thick and thin while I was absent most of the time. Even still, she's never forgotten about me and has accepted me back in her life. I feel she's really close to me even though we're thousands of miles away from each other. She has a blog called Coquilandia, where she blogs both in English and Spanish; so hop over there and find out what an amazing gal she is! ;D Thank you, Cori, for this guest post!

Hi there,

My name is Corina, I'm from Argentina and Miki and I became friends at university. It's a pleasure for me to be her guest here today :) and I think it would be a good idea to tell you something about me through this post entitled "Little treasures"

I love being creative and playing games, so let's start with a guessing game...
What can you see here?



You're right... it may look like a drawer full of envelopes but it's more than that... it's my treasure chest! It holds "little treasures" that bring me lovely memories...



 In the above picture you can see  some of the many many letters Miki sent me. We started our friendship years ago and despite the distance, we know we can count on each other! Isn't that amazing?



I'm an ESL teacher and a sworn translator. I've been teaching children and teenagers for many years and I always smile when I think about them and how much we've learnt together. In the picture above, you can see some of the drawings and letters they gave me!



 I've been lucky enough to do some traveling and get to know really lovely people. It's my very pleasure to have them as friends and to keep in touch.



"Love can lead you anywhere" and in my case it was to Germany, where my in-laws are from and currently live . They are part of my family now.



I also have many relatives and friends in Argentina. Can you believe I met some of my friends in kinder? We continue being friends nowadays!  (Many will definitely not believe I've kept post-it notes all these years... they should have a look at this post!)



As you can imagine, I keep many more cards, postcards, letters and messages than the ones appearing in the photos. Each of them reminds me of a particular person or situation. It's nice to have a look at them from time to time and bring back lovely memories. Do you have your own "little treasures"?

If you want to become part of mine and like snail mail, don't hesitate to write to me :)

I hope you all have a nice day!

4 comments:

vero mariani said...

miki muchas gracias por comentar en alma, me trajo acá y me encanta tu blog :) cuando vengas de visita a baires, flora te espera jajaja! beso enorme y muy buen finde!

Corina said...

Thank you my friend for letting me be your guest blogger today! It's a real pleasure!

lissa said...

Corina, you must be a sentimentalist, a romanticist, I think. it's the little things, such as a letter, a postcard or a post-it note that makes life a little bit easier and certainly less boring. I hope you'll always have those little treasures.

& hello Miki! have a lovely day to you.

Miki's scrapbook said...

Coquis, thank so much again for this post! ;D And I totally agree with Lissa!

Tight hugs!