navinavi

August 03, 2011

A buck a bag

The buck a bag sale is a success! :D We're very happy about it but it means a lot of extra work, hehe. You have no idea how tiring it is to lift so many boxes filled with books, put them in the shelves and fix the mess people leave after going through the material :/ ...


So far, I've spent $3 and these are some of the books I bought :P.
I've found vintage fashion books, yay!


This is a book I should've bought a long time ago when I was in college.


I couldn't resist getting this book about Argentina ;) and another one about Edward Hopper, my favorite American painter.


I got these two best sellers I wouldn't have paid their full price for.


Erm, yes, I got a children's book about all the presidents in the USA, haha. I thought it was a good summary; it brings cards with each president's highlights.


I'm looking forward to reading these ones :).


I also got myself a few magazines.


I bought some books for friends ;).



And I got these two to fill up my bags. I've been browsing the green one, and, omg! It's a blast. I'm sure I'll be sharing some its pages here.


I bought more books, but I left them at the library because I was carrying enough weight already. Not bad for just $3, huh? ;)

Don't forget to check your local library for special bargains!

And if you want to win a cupcake cushion like the ones in the pic below, enter my Giveaway! ;)


Have a great day! :D

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Yay I am glad its was a success lifting books is my new upper body work out when I started working at the library one of the requirements was you had to be able to lift 50 lbs lol. Love the books you picked out!!!

Gale said...

love this post miki! funny, today i'm actually finally going to get my local library cards. they wouldn't let me for a while because of address change issues. i can't wait. there are so many book recommendations that i want to see if they have. i really love some of the books you got too. what a great deal!

Corina said...

I can't believe you got these books! There are some that seem to be awesome, like the one of the useless inventions ;)

laura said...

WHAT A STEAL!!! I miss going to book sales, but there aren't that many in my area :(
♥ laurathe blog of worldly delights