navinavi

July 28, 2011

A weird show

Last Sunday, David and I were invited to see a few shows on Sunset Blvd. We weren't very eager to go because they were late on Sunday and we don't really like blues; however, we had agreed to go to support David's acquaintance who was playing that night.


I'm so gald we ended up going! We had a nice dinner by candlelight and one of the shows was particularly peculiar ...


After seeing Of Montreal live earlier this year, I thought no other band could outdo their one-of-a-kind performance. Nothing else could surprise me any more. But I was wrong. There's this funny big guy who has a band called Elviss Simmons ... He dresses like The King and wears the make up and sings covers of Kiss.


I mean, their show was humble but so enjoyable! The guy can actually sing and they all put up a great show.


At the end of the show, the singer pointed out that "their crap", as he called it, was being sold near the bar. He also mentioned we could buy their adorable puke bags with the logo of the band on them, haha! :p It's always fun to see a band with sense of humor and talent.


All in all, it was a great night and I can't wait to go back to Sunset Blvd again.


Oh! And speaking about weird shows, I can't leave this post without mentioning another one-of-a-kind experience in a concert in Buenos Aires! There's this guy I really, really used to like called Leo Garcia. I was a huge fan when he was a indie artist and I went to pretty much all his early shows. One day, I took my good friend Corina to one of his concerts where the manager of the venue he was playing at all of a sudden went onstage and started getting naked and dancing happily. Apparently he wanted t promote some kind of nude acting classes ... hello?! I'm not sure many people were interested in joining his classes, but I guarantee he put up a real show, haha.

So, what's the weirdest show you've ever been to?

Hope you're all having a great day! ;D

3 comments:

Carrie said...

sounds like a great evening!!!

Chrissy said...

How fun! So glad you had a great time! Love the pic of the two of you! David's hair looks great a bit longer! :)

Corina said...

I'll never forget that weird concert we went to together!
Do you think Mr.Nude ended up in prison because of that? haha
Have a great weekend!