navinavi

July 07, 2011

Little library treasures

This week I've been very lucky with the books I had to categorize and put up for sale at the library :). We got a stash of old books, some of which I ended up buying.


The Hat Book, 1978. It brings patterns to make your own hats using different materials. Too bad I don't knit or sew :(. These are my very favorite ones.




As soon as I saw this one, I knew I had to buy it for sweet Teryn :). She's a hair stylist so I thought she may like it even though it's very outdated. This book is from 1977.


These are some of the pages that have caught my eye.




It's already on its way, Teryn!



My third purchase was this photography book from 1970 :).








I'd love to get all of you, my old time blogger friends, a book you'd like to have. You know who you are :), so if you have a title on your mind, just drop me a line and I'll see what I can find ;).

One more purchase this week: this flea market directory. It's old, but with the help of the internet, I'll find out which ones still do exist.


Aaaand, before I go, I wanna show you some stuff I found at the library, but haven't bought.


We have an insane amount of paperbacks, lots of which are from 2009-2011! Can you believe readers get rid of their books so soon? We sell them for 50 cents. So don't buy them at the book store/grocery store! Go to your nearest library and check if they have a book sale area! ;)






Erm ... What's up with highlanders???

As usual, here are some cool slash weird titles.






And this is probably the weirdest thing I've found in a book so far ... an unused plane ticket! Isn't it curious that I found it in a Harry Potter book? Haha. I wonder if the owner of the book put it there, never found it again and lost his/her flight.



Sorry for the picture overload in this post!

Hope you're planning fun activities for the weekend! ;)

And remember you still have time to enter my Little Vintage Giveaway!




5 comments:

SabinePsynopsis said...

Aah, I love these old books! I've got a sewing/knitting/crocheting diy book in which all the models smoke - it's hilarious.

Corina said...

Wow! I can't believe many things from this post - my favorite one is the plane ticket! hahaha That person must be delayed somewhere looking for it! Do you think young Mr Potter had something to do with it?
I can't believe you can buy them for half a dollar! What a shame I'm not there...

Lindsey said...

I love reading about all the stuff you get in at the library! I hope that person was still able to get their flight/or got a refund. :[

Teryn said...

I'm so excited! You should expect something on Monday =)

Oh, My Darling said...

Loving the vintagey treats!