navinavi

July 08, 2011

Just say "no"

One of my biggest problems is that I can't say no.


My mom used to say that my face didn't help either, since I look like a lamb, haha.


It's not because I'm scared of the consequences after declining a person's request. I just like to please and make people happy ...


Especially because I always trust people's good intentions.


I know, however, that that's not good and one has to be able to set some boundaries.


I wanted to give it a try, so I thought of ways to help me get in the say no mindset. The only idea I came up with was to dress like a bitch and look mean, haha.


Oh, yes, and frown with my eyes a little. If you've ever heard Tyra Banks talking about the smile with your eyes thing, well, I mean exactly the opposite.


Has it worked yet? Absolutely not.


My outfit only made me feel older and sweat like a pig. I won't give up, though.


A couple of days ago, I watched Sympathy for Lady Vengeance and it gave me hope. Thank you, Marie for having recommended it in your blog!


I know it's kind of random to throw this in here, but if you've seen it, you know what I mean. She's a very dark Amelie Poulain ... maybe? She's kind and well-meaning but she's also macabre and has the will and strength to do what she thinks she has to do. I need that.

Does anybody have a tip on to how to learn to say no?

Do you ever feel the same way?

Have a FUN weekend! ;D


Small print: I want to make clear that I am not planning to kill anybody (as in the movie).
Smallest print: Although I occasionally think about it ... But I'd never do it.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Haha! You're so cute even when tryna be mean. Saying 'no' is hard but man, it's good for the soul sometimes x

Hello Naka said...

i'm sometimes the same, I find it hard to say no and i always want to please everyone and not disappoint :(

and i love your blouse ^^

babalisme said...

A darker Amelie Poulain! THat I gotta see!

i know, I'm a lamb looking person too, you know how asians look younger than they really are and sometimes people would think you are a good naive obedient little girl?

I had this client that blows my mind everytime she asks me to do something for her, yet, I still say yes... boo for me.

Emma said...

Haha, I'm the EXACT same. We can do it, we can say no. Come on! x

Chrissy said...

Very cute! It's my problem as well, I can never say no, still trying to get there!!!

chantilly said...

i feel like as girls, we're especially socialized to be accommodating to people's needs. i think i finally first learned to stand up for myself by listening to a lot (a lot) of ani difranco...

Marie said...

but, also, she's very convincing, Lady Vengeance, no one says NO to her!
i think you should rock the red eye shadow, it's great for almond shaped eyes (on me it would look ridiculous)

CocoCherie said...

Cute outfit and good luck saying no more often.