navinavi

June 06, 2011

What to do with mason jars

A few weeks ago, we spotted a whole shelf full of mason jars at the grocery store; and of course, I couldn't help bringing a box home! We paid about $10 for a box of 12; not bad, huh?


These ones hold a pint, but there is a wide variety of sizes. The lids are also sold separately, so you can use the jars as many times as you want.


The first idea that came to my mind was to use them as glasses; so a couple of weeks ago, I made sangria and this is how I presented it. We, bloggers, have seen this a thousand times, but to David's friends this was new, so the surprise factor worked that day, hehe.


We never have so many people at the same time at home, so I thought I could use some of the jars for different things. They can work as pots.


You can also use them to keep crafting supplies ...



Or coins.

And they can also be used as lanterns. You can create a more stable foundation by adding a thick layer of sand and use them as centerpieces or hang them with wire.


Hope you liked these simple ideas!
Have a great week! ;)

12 comments:

amber d* said...

I love using mason jars for things! Growing up, one of my best friend's parents always kept a couple of empty mason jars in the freezer so they could just grab one and pour a drink in it b/c they didn't like ice.

amyschmamey said...

I use them for drinking out of :) I love Mason Jars. :)

laura said...

These are great inspirations! I love how you used them as pots to plant stuff in! I only use them for pickling... Gotta get creative!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Oh, My Darling said...

Oooh, so many fun mason jar ideas!!!

Lorine Kalista Noor said...

creative! and now i'm looking for my mason jars after see your post
xo,Lorine
mind to follow each other? tell me!

Chrissy said...

I love mason jars! So many fabulous things to do with them!! Love your ideas!!! Happy Tuesday! xxx

Chrissy said...

I love mason jars! So many fabulous things to do with them!! Love your ideas!!! Happy Tuesday! xxx

little t said...

I love mason jar cocktails!

Hello Naka said...

i love the lantern idea ^^ its so cute and romantic ^^ great ideas! and thanks for the sweet comment :) I'm feeling alot better now :)

Lisa {A Piece of Lisa} said...

Great ideas!! I love the look of the jars, kinda rustique and fun, have seen lots of variations when I've looked at wedding blogs :)

Hugs,
Lisa

Nena Nadine said...

I ♥ mason jars! It's funny how we think that something is overdone or to simple when we do it because we see it all the time in the blog community. Meanwhile in RL they have no idea and think your amazing for it. It's refreshing really.

T. said...

I'm going to paint the inside of mine with pastel paint. I also saw this neat trick where someone used flecks of glow in the dark paint to make "lightning bugs."