navinavi

May 26, 2011

Some days are better than others

And today has been great! :D The workers finally finished fixing and painting our house, so there's plenty of light in every room again. I missed light so much!


Our plants were starting to get weak due to the lack of sunlight and fresh air. I hope they can recover now that they're back outside! Dante and Dimitri are happy to see the workers are gone, too. Yesterday they covered the doors and windows with masking paper and plastic, so our kitties couldn't come back inside for a few hours :(.



By the way, we have this metal front door (here it's covered in plastic) and a wooden one. Our cats have a "key" (basically, a magnet) in their necklace that opens their door. Wanna see how it works? Dante will show you, hehe :).


This is where Dimitri waited for the workers to be done with the door; that's our neighbor's roof. I peeked through the kitchen window and there I saw him. 



I'm also happy to have gone back to the library; I missed it! There was plenty of work to do. I bought these magazines and book today.



Aaand when I got back home, I was super happy to find I had mail! :D Getting stuff through the regualr mail always makes my day, whether it's just a note or a package.


I'm super excited about that lovely postcard! ;D And look at all I got in those packages! Sweet Jamie sent me a card and two lovely rings she has made herself!


Erm, I'm not a very good hand model, as you can see.


The contents of this box are the goodies I won at a giveway over at Courtney's blog, You will, won't you?. She is so awesome she included lots of things that were not mentioned in the giveaway! How sweet is that? :D I can't wait to try everything!



And to wrap up a wonderful  afternoon, since I didn't feel like cooking at all, I made made myself some instant ramen. But I "decorated" my meal with some cool polka dots stuff, courtesy of my mother in law. I really can't complain about anything, I have an awesome husband, my in laws are wonderful and my friends and fellow bloggers rock! ;D The only thing that's missing are my buddies from Argentina :/ ...




I guess I let the noodles sit for too long; they look huge, haha!


Oh, yes, I totally leave those disgusting, hard vegetables. Does anybody eat them at all?



I hope your day was wonderful, too!
Start making plans for the weekend! It's just round the corner! ;D

11 comments:

Rosie said...

awwwe that video ^_^
cute!
i watched it like 4 times in a row :D
glad you had a good day :)
Rosie xo

Thera Joyce said...

That cat door is awesome! Loved the little video. :)

So glad you had a good day! :)

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

that cat door video is the cutest!

Chrissy said...

You are just the sweetest!!
Love the kitty door, too cute!
Have a wonderful evening!
Hugs xxx

Rose said...

Loving your spotty tablewares.
What a great idea for a cat door. Our kitty doesnt wear a collar though because a few years back we had a kitten whose collar got caught on some wire and he died :(
I love recieving packages too, although I dont get them often.
Hope you have a nice weekend.

Rose

Scorpio78 said...

And the Sun is shining again!

In Argentina, We miss you too!

Lindsey said...

Haha, I love that video, cats trying to figure things out is so cute :D

I tried to comment on your last entry yesterday, but blogger wouldn't let me :[

chantilly said...

awwwe, dante and dimitri are so adorbs. glad last weekend was nice for you :)

xoxo

~chantilly

Coquis said...

We also miss you in Argentina and would love to have you around visiting soon!!
Anyways, it makes us happy to know you're doing so well and enjoying your re-modeled house.
Say hi to Dave and the kitties from us!

Cupcake Couture said...

Love all the dots! So pretty! x

Nena Nadine said...

That door is the coolest! What lucky kitties. Almost as lucky as you for winning that giveaway. Congrats on growing some spices. Hope they taste good.